Academy M60A2 ready for paint

I could do a black wash and then clear gloss, don’t have any smoke laying around, but I like the idea.
Gino, I like it. Frankentank models are more fun anyway,

I do older, uncoated optics in clear green over flat black and a couple coats of clear gloss. This gives them depth and a green tint that thick glass has.

I do similar approach but iso clear green I use MIG’s periscope green (which is a transparent greenish color). I find it quite realistic. Multiple clear varnish layers added for depth, just like you do.

1 Like

Well, I ran out of time Friday night, took it anyway, as is. I have a couple of figs and some stowage for it that I was planning on adding later anyway, so when it comes back on the bench for that, I can do some work on all the lenses. Thanks to all for your input, much appreciated.
One other note: There was another 'A2 on the table, the Dragon kit, and the differences were pretty obvious, especially the cupola. It looks like Dragon really missed on that.

1 Like

Oops, finished pics:
[url=https://flic.kr/p/2mr5WJ2]
IMG_1912 by Russel Baer, on Flickr
IMG_1911 by Russel Baer, on Flickr
IMG_1910 by Russel Baer, on Flickr
IMG_1913 by Russel Baer, on Flickr

5 Likes

Camo out looking great. Good job.

Glad you went to the flat top/ top loading aircleaners.Never saw the angled ones like you had in that prepaint image. Too late though, A2’s US Army registration numbers on the side sponson boxes started with JK * * * * . Mine, C23, was JK00B5

I think you’re looking at Gino’s example, go to the top of the thread, mine’s all dark green except for the gray resin DEF parts. I was impressed that Academy put the correct air cleaner housings in the kit, new for this kit too.
Re the serial numbers: crap, I just used what was in the box. I could change those though.

1 Like