Admiral Hipper, Norway late summer 1940

Looking good Si!

All the best for Christmas and the new year mate! :slightly_smiling_face:

Looks fantastic, Si! The camo really looks time consuming!

Apologies for not being more active in commenting and support, that should become better after Christmas again, as well!

All the best for Christmas and a happy new year, take care,

Cheers
Jan

Thanks Russ,

:beers: :smiley:

Cheers, Si

1 Like

Thanks Jan,

It was, having found several photod of the ship, the scheme seems to have been a bit organic, it doesn’t quite look the same in any two, which was rather frustrating, and made it more time consuming, but worth it.

No need to apologise, I have not had as much time at the bench as I would have liked recently, nor been on the site, but always hope in the new year.

Same to you.

Cheers, :beers: :smiley:

Si

1 Like

A bit more progress on the etch,

The boat racks fitted, and the upper part of the funnel built and etched up.

The funnel is still in three sections to ease painting. Some more of the structure to be built up before getting the airbrush out.

Cheers, Si

7 Likes

Moving along nicely Si :slightly_smiling_face:

All the best for New Year’s :smiley:

Thanks Russ,

Getting all the etch on has felt like slow progress, might be time to get the windy stick out anad shoot some paint at those sections.

All the best for the New Year to you too Mate.

Cheers, :beers: :partying_face: Si

1 Like

Very nice. Love how the camouflage came out.

1 Like

Hi Martin,

Thanks for looking in, and your kind comment. The fun starts when I have got the superstructure parts sprayed, as some of the camo spreads upwards, and there appear to some random patches too.

all the best for 2023,

Cheers, Si

1 Like

A little progress over the last couple of weeks.

some more sections of superstructure built up.

The previous sub assemblies had been sprayed, the wood deck sections fitted, the funnel cap has been painted too. The new set all test fitted in place, I am hoping to have time to get the windy stick next weekend and the new bits sprayed.

Then I can get on woth the cammo on the superstructure.

more soon.

Si

5 Likes

Good progress, Si, on a time when most dockyard workers have been put on leave for the festive season :wink:

Si,

back in here just in time for your update! Very nice, she already really looks like Hipper! Very cool! And the camo scheme is really special! Great work!

Cheers
Jan

Well Russ, who doesn’t like a bit of overtime :coin: :coin: :coin:

Cheers, Si

Thanks Jan,

That is high praise indeed, I am enjoying the applying the scheme, it is an exercise in painting techniques in getting the subbtle rustic look.

Cheers, Si

Some progress over the last couple of weeks,

The main section of the forebridge base coated light grey and the wooe deck fitted.

The camouflage going on the bridge and the superstructure deck.

The superstructure deck camo done along with the bridge finally fixed down. A touch of Cyno has been used to secure Bruno barbette down properly.

A bit of work has been done on the funnel and hanger, but not enough for a photo.

More soon.

Cheers, Si

9 Likes

Looking good, Si :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

As Russ says - really looking good! the camo really stands out!
I hope the wooden deck will stick, or was that not yet glued fixed on the port forward 10,5cm AA station?

Looking forward to your next update on one of my favorite ships!

Cheers
Jan

1 Like

Thanks Russ,

It is an intersting scheme to paint, but I think it will be worth the effort and face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Cheers, Si

Thanks Jan,

It is a very different scheme. The deck, unusually for Pontos hasn’t stuck well, I will go round with the cyno as I get to fit details down.

Nore soon.

Cheers,
Si

1 Like

great work