Ads on Kit Maker sites

Ha ha, I honestly didn’t look at my first ad until you guys started commenting on it. I haven’t used ebay in probably 10 years. I started looking at some modelling stuff from people posting links.

A little more family friendly ad. I have never looked at any cruise info ever. I think I broke my algorithm bots. Google odd things, why aren’t goldfish gold, how to make concrete, why is grass green, etc…

Google could have some sort of default bin of various ads as an initial check to see what
you are interested in. Then they try to narrow it down.
Watching YouTube videos for favourite interests also “tweaks” the algorithm,
when Google ads defaults to women it is time for me to watch car mechanics at work.
I also click on ads that are not women just to steer Google away from their default settings
for middle aged men …

2 Likes

A guy’s gotta keep his fembot up to date with the latest fashion.

5 Likes

I have to add one. I saw this and actually clicked on it and got a yahoo search result page with no beds that look like this.

Needless to say I was disappointed so I went to Google and found this!

Now that is a Bear Bed!

4 Likes

It’ll be a bear to keep clean …

5 Likes

I don’t want to be the bearer of bad news but I see nightmares in the future.

5 Likes

Of course the ironic thing is that these images are likely all AI created (probably not the first one), but these “animal/creature” bed images are all over the net and people are using them in ads to simply direct people to Etsy or the like when there are no such beds even made.

Clearly AI.

4 Likes

I’m still getting ads for things I’d actually buy.

4 Likes

that’s just weird lol

Maybe I should check those …

5 Likes

I thought that was a picture of your stash! :thinking:

9 Likes

Hello gents,

I seem to have a new advertising “feature”, which appears when toggling between threads and the Kitmaker homepage (I don’t know if that is the correct name, but referring to the page that lists various forums on the left, and includes a chronology of all posts on the right). The new ads are full page, essentially random pop-ups. This has happened on my laptop and handheld device, starting a few days ago.

Any thoughts on why this has started and how to get rid of it?

Cheers
Nick

1 Like

Disable pop ups.

This is a new thing that has happened to me a few days ago as well. Not often, maybe three - four times. I have my pop-ups disabled on my ipad.

Hi Nick,
Can you screenshot that and post it here? No idea what that would be. Of course every now and again Google just decides to turn on what they call “auto ads” and that starts putting up ads where I don’t want them. They did it a month or more ago on some of the content sites like Armorama. I mean yeah my ad revenues went up a lot but it was pretty awful page wise.

Jim

3 Likes

Hi Jim,

Thanks for following up, and yes, I’ll get a screenshot, when it happens again. This is a new, intermittent event.

Cheers
Nick

2 Likes

Here’s a screenshot of one.

…and another.

—mike

I could use all of those first four.

1 Like

These look like normal Google ads to me.

2 Likes

Interesting contrast in this ad…

2 Likes