African Nations - Land, Sea, Air or Elephant platforms- Friend or Foe

Looks good Erwin. :+1:

1 Like

Thanks Ryan!

1 Like

Very very nice indeed!

1 Like

Bedankt Bert!

Very nice build, Erwin! Indeed a very unusual looking vehicle.

I am calling my KPM 1/48 Libyan SU-22M-4 done. It is a quite nice kit straight from the box. I added a resin pilot, eduard decals, and some AA missiles from the eduard mig-21 kit. Pictures show that Libyan SU-22s often carried these missiles.

The rocket pods I have only seen on Russian and Egyptian SU-22s, but wanted to show them on here as well.

I finished the drop tanks completely different from the aircraft to create some nice contrast to the camouflage scheme.

I messed up the camouflage many times due to paint problems. In the end I finished it with AK interactive airbrush paints. Luckily the recessed lines are overdone, so still visible after 4-5 coats of paint. :wink::smile:

Thanks for a great campaign with a lot of varied subjects!

11 Likes

Thanks Jesper… Your plane turned out nicely too!!! How are you going to put it in the cabinet/ on the shelf?

1 Like

Thanks, I am actually going to hang it from the ceiling. I am running out of space in my cabinets. Time to do another sell out. :slight_smile:

That is an option too of course :slight_smile:

OK, we have a wrap on this one. Here’s the list of folks who I think completed this campaign. If I’ve left you out, please let me know. I’ll wait a few days before sending the list to The Chief.

SGTJKJ
golikell
McRunty
Canmedic
camshaft
Bison126

3 Likes

@phil2015, thanks a lot. Did you send to Staff Jim?

I’m pretty sure I did, but perhaps I did not. I will resend…

1 Like

@phil2015, Have you heard back from the campaign administrators? I have not received the medal yet - am I the only one?

Nope, I didn’t get it either…

1 Like

I submitted but have not heard back.

1 Like

@michaelsatin, could you check up on it?

I believe this is something Jim does. You’ve contacted him and not heard back?

Michael

1 Like

I have. I assume he will get to it when he has some cycles.

1 Like

I’ve just been awarded the Made in Ukraine badge, which closed last Sunday, so it must have slipped somewhere?

Yes, I also just got 3 medals, but not this one.