Airfix 1/24 Spitfire Mk IX finished

I loved building this, it’s a wonderful kit. Finished as Mk IXc EN398 flown by Wing Commander James Edgar “Johnnie” Johnson, No 402 Squadron “City of Winnipeg” Royal Air Force Surry, England, Summer, 1943.
All markings are painted on. Paints used are MRP, weathering is done with artist oil paint washes and AK wethering pencils.
My build of the kit is here: Airfix 1/24Spitfire Mk IX build.

25 Likes

Great work Mal! I hope mine will turn out as good!

1 Like

Simply outstanding :+1: :+1: :beers:

2 Likes

Beautiful Mal - thanks for sharing

1 Like

Great job!!!

Very nice build.

1 Like

Stunning build! :+1: :+1: :+1:

1 Like

Came out ACES! Really enjoyed following along! :hammer_and_wrench:

—mike

1 Like

Great work Mal. It looks like Airfix got this kit right, and you did a great job building and painting it. I have to say that your masks work very well - I know because I used a set back when you were selling them. Lovely to see you share this.

What’s next?

2 Likes

What’s the models for heroes thing ?

1 Like

great work

1 Like

It has to do with (former) members of the armed forces and emergency service members.
https://www.modelsforheroes.org.uk/about-us/

We have something similar in the Netherlands: Scale models for vets (veterans).

3 Likes

I volunteer for the Charity. Models for Heroes supplies models and tools to enable military and emergency service personnel who are physical or mental issues the means to undertake meaningful therapy. And it’s undertaken under the supervision of, usually, veterans so there is also the much-missed banter only found in these organisations. There is now also an IPMS club, Friends of M4H, which I also belong to. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Thank you.
This is something that needs to be pushed to all veteran and first responder groups

3 Likes

Ahhh the banter and trash talking …
I miss it.
Modeling is a good way to deal with PTSD and TBI as well as to aid in the building back of list fine motor skills .
I support these groups that do these amazing things for vets etc.

1 Like

Dam !!!

Well, Mal! I have to say this is another one where you’ve gone above and beyond! :clap: :clap: :clap:

What a fantastic build, indeed! :slightly_smiling_face:

Can’t wait to see what you do next…

And here’s me thinking of selling my 1/24 Bubbletop Typhoon… :thinking:

1 Like

Get that Typhoon built.

4 Likes

I love the Typhoon, Mal! One of my all time favorites.:heart:

And I remember your excellent build from the old site :+1:

Just not sure about playing in 1/24 anymore, as opposed to 1/32… :thinking:

2 Likes

That Typhoon is stunning …

2 Likes