Allied trucks

@barkingdigger, thank you. I haven’t seen that movie. I’ll need to look for that one. The only movie that I remember seeing with the LRDG is the remake of Sahara with Jim Belushi.

Hi I share my LRDG too, I think it’s an excellent model, I hope you like, I made it a some years ago.
My model:

Regards, Omar

9 Likes

Nice build Omar!

1 Like

Back in the days when I refused to pay what seemed then like unbelievable prices for the high end, all resin kits, I kit-bashed a lot of what I could not find in the form of plastic model kits. Here a combo of the Italeri Water Truck Cab, the Tamiya chassis and a much sectioned and shortened Tamiya loadbox.
(As well as a scratch - if somewhat flawed - Ben Her Trailer.)

6 Likes

Great kitbash conversion! It took me a moment to realize this Deuce didn’t have the twin rear axles.

1 Like

Yep - I’m impressed!

1 Like

Good Job, you made the model very similar of the real, congratulations, Omar

One slight failing: this Chevy still uses the split differentials more common to the CCKW rather than the banjo style but research indicates that some few 1 1/2 ton trucks were built using the split style due to occasional supple shortages.

That’s OK Mike, we’ll let you off - this time! :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

The carful cutting and respacing of each upright in the loadbox side walls without showing the cutlines proved to be the most challenging part of the build.

I call this one my “Baby Deuce” or “six quarter ton”.

Mike, your “Baby Deuce” looks great. One small thing you missed though. The rear mud flaps should be turned 180 degrees and moved back one bed support. The flap support bars should face in toward the rear wheels.

Yep!

Lovely - the system tells me my post must be at least 10 characters. - Strange
Could not just say “Yep!”

1 Like

Please Note: I am somewhat embarrassed or self-conscious to be revisiting things that were covered long ago in the old forums but as they say; everything old is new again.

(And we still as yet don’t have a plastic model of the Mack NO6.)

You need to spell it “Yeeeeppppp” these days!

I expect there will be a fair amount of re-hashing during the transition period from old to new, until things settle down enough for a simple link to the old pages to suffice. Still, at least folks are interested!

The Baby Deuce was to some extent (for me) a practice build for the Mack NO6. The Mack wooden load box was the same length, but wider, as that of the CCKW (both supplied by the same sub-contractor.) However since it was rated for a heavier load one more upright was added to the design. Which again required me to respace the sidewall uprights.

4 Likes

Just saw on Hannants website that Airfix is going to release a K2 ambulance (Ice Cold in Alex, anyone?) and ICM are planning a series of trucks based on the Chevy G7107 cargo truck! Oh happy days…

1 Like

Have not been on here in a while - anyone know how you access the Archive? I have people asking me questions and it would be really nice to be able to refer them to a particular thread instead of covering everything all over again!

Hi Mike, the old site can be found here: https://armorama.kitmaker.net/

If you go to the “new” site and scroll all the way down to the bottom the link is there too. But the new front page seems to just grow longer every day, so it takes a LOT of scrolling!

Sorry - I forgot to say Thank You!

That’s OK! Also Jim showed me that you can get to the same link at the top of the page by clicking on "Part of the Kitmaker network, next to the Armorama logo. At least it saves all the scrolling!