Allied trucks

Greetings fellow military soft skin lovers!

1 Like

Hey Mike,

This thread has gone a bit cold - time to warm it up again! I threw together a HB fuel tanker CCKW that is currently hogging the spray booth, and to be honest unless you park it next to an Italeri truck the cab/fender issues arenā€™t too noticeable. I did think about a swap, but thought Iā€™d give the kit parts a go first. Blasphemy, I knowā€¦

When I get a chance Iā€™ll post pics - there were a few tweaks I made for buildability that might be of interest.

1 Like

Quick question for those in the know - I was looking at the Leroi compressor conversion where the fuel tank is moved from the frame right-side to the rear of the new load-bed, but where does the truck battery go? It isnā€™t on the frameā€¦

Stik;

I started to built that same kit a year or so ago. Picked the box up (still sealed) and it just felt kind of heavy. Inside were enough parts to build three of those LRDG trucks, but with one problem. There was no sheet metal or rear beds. Plenty of everything else.

Looking around for lend lease trucks. It seems like the Studebaker is well served, but I canā€™t find a Ford 6 (G8T). Am I missing it?

Hi Phil, do any of the German truck kits fit the bill? They built Fords under license until the war started, then just carried on building them with no license! Iā€™m not up on all the German truck models out there, but itā€™s a place to startā€¦

I have a Ford V3000S which is quite similar. It is a 3 ton truck and the G8T is a 1.5 ton truck. Their profiles are quite similar but not exact.

Could there be anything useful here?

Resin kits

Sweet. This is one of them:

Says 1939, I donā€™t know if that was the version sent in Lend Lease, but itā€™s the closest Iā€™ve seen. Thanks!

I would prefer plastic but sometimes you just have to take what you can get. And I see Andras (Spongya) reviewed one of their tanks on the archived site. Sounds like it was a high quality kit. I may have to consider this.

1 Like

Here are some lend-lease trucks :

https://www.o5m6.de/redarmy/_menu.php?cat=ForeignTrucks&navtit=Foreign%20Trucks

The G8T cab is quite differentā€¦

The only available kit of it I know is in 1/72nd scaleā€¦

H.P.

2 Likes

Hi to all

Does anyone have into on whatever became of Libor and his company Mirror Models?
His website appears to have been last updated Christmas of 2017???

At the time he was producing some really interesting Allied soft skin models of which I have several but I know he had said even back then that he was getting tired of the struggle.

Best Regards
Mike K.
165thspc

Also did Das Werk ever get a US distributor?
Liked to have never found their Sd.Ah. 115 trailer all by itself on this side of the pond.

And ordering their updated resin wheels direct from Germany to me, is out of the question: ($24 + $42 shipping - no thanks)

Enquiring minds would like to know!

185thspc

Hi Mike

I guess you could can take a look here for Mirror Models stuff :

https://www.lzmodels.com/Mirror-Models-LTD-Production.html

LZ Models is owned by Libor as well :

https://www.themodellingnews.com/2012/07/mirror-models-perfect-reflection-of.html

H.P.

1 Like

Thanks - any new on the trailer? Canā€™t seem to find anything on Armorama

From Florida :wink:

https://www.victorymodels.com/collections/armor/products/das-werk-1-35-scale-sonderanhanger-115-dw35002

But you better hurry !

H.P.

Well my local hobbyshop finally found the trailer for me so I am building it as we speak but I think I would like to get the correct resin wheels for it as well. I donā€™t mind the $24 dollars for the tires but I draw the line at $42 shipping from Germany.

Threadā€™s gone cold again, which is surprising given the recent release of the Chevy G7100-series trucks by not one but TWO companies! So to get a bit of traction again, hereā€™s a screen-shot of my latest CAD project-in-development for a Chevy conversion - Mike K will be interested!

5 Likes

Great topic! Will be making a few trucks as well, for instance:

5 Likes

I really like those Dodge six-wheelers! Nice work on it so far.

1 Like

For 165spc, another snapshot of work in progress!

6 Likes