Amusing Hobby: Spähpanzer Ru 251 | Armorama™

Coming this July from Amusing Hobby is its 1/35 scale kit of the proposed light reconaissance tank based on the Kanonenjagdpanzer tank destroyer.

This is partial text from the full article (usually with photos) at https://armorama.com/news/amusing-hobby-spahpanzer-ru-251
2 Likes

Although one prototype was produced, the World of Tanks crowd will have you believe this was fully deployed. And likely capable of defeating anything thrown at it…

1 Like

I mean, what the hell? 'Just spotted this over on Tracklink:

Buh-luddy-hell: we do live in interesting times!

1 Like

I must just say I would have preferred an HS-30 or say, the AMX 10P, or even a YP-408, but this is not uninteresting. I probably won’t get one but I’m sure it will be an attractive enough little model.

Well done Amusing Hobby (but give the foregoing a little thought please).

1 Like

Amusing Hobby is doing the KaJaPa with/for Das Werk:

Maybe we’ll get the RaketenJagdpanzer and the Beobachtungspanzer as well —

This is a pretty good time for Cold War modellers I fully admit, what with the M103A1, and the new Jagdpanzer Kanone, and now the rather obscure AH RU 251; it’s just that I thought if you’re going to bering out something Bundeswehr-ish (such a word?) then give the HS 30 some thought(!)

Great so now I can get rid of the Revell kit ?? Saw one built up at the AMPS show last weekend- very nicely done.

Use it as a paint mule?
I managed to buy correction parts for mine so I will eventually build it.

Me too; I might just push it up the list - which is what I say whenever something newer than what I already have is announced. That’s the theory - the doing however, that’s the real problem.

I’m curious to know who makes aftermarket stuff for the Revell kits.

https://www.perfect-scale.de/de/
They have complete kits, conversions, upgrades/corrections and accessories

Just saw this myself Brian. AH are certainly pulling some surprise out of the bag. Would make an interesting model to place next to a Bundeswehr M41, which I think these were supposed to replace? A very nice box art there as well. I have to agree though that your other suggestions would be very welcome!

1 Like

I agree - to such an extent I can now see myself buying one, not least to go alongside my Tamiya Bundeswehr M41:

Sorry for the repeat pic folks, but I do enjoy making Bw models!

5 Likes

What make of green did you use for the M41? Struggling to see it clearly as I’m reading this outdoors in a tea garden near Lulworth. Lovely sunny day and the occassional tracked vehicle rumbling past for atmosphere!

Tea garden? Tea garden? Clearly retirement is different for your goodself; I’ve just got back from the Gym where I nearly killed myself(!)

The best colour I’ve found to represent the Bundeswehr’s Gelboliv (“Yellow-Olive”) is Tamiya XF-51 Khaki Drab - obviously for those vehicles up until 1984 when the 3 colour scheme started to come in (without teaching you to suck eggs I’m sure, just remember that it takes years for an Army’s vehicle fleet to be completely re-painted).

Revell, not surprisingly given their German predilictions, also do a “Gelboliv” but whilst it’s a match for the real paint, I feel it’s too dark for 1:35, though I have used it until I discovered the Tamiya paint.

All subjective as always with colours, but for me, Tamiya XF-51 is the way to go. That Spaepanzer will look just fine in it I reckon!

2 Likes