Andy's Hobby HQ 1/16 Early Tiger

A two in one kit?

Ok when are we gonna see a T-34 and how about a Centurion??

Andy said in the video it is going to be a 3 n1 kit:

1. Standard Early Tiger
  2. Early Command Tiger
  3. Early Command Tiger (Wittmann version with different radio layout and markings.)
1 Like

So Standard early Tiger,would that mean a Tunisian Tiger,that would be my choice of markings.

1 Like

The Wittman Tiger “S04” isn’t different to a normal Command Tiger.
Command tanks all had the option to carry the Fu7 or Fu8 radio as needed.
Most of the time they’d have the Fu8 but if you wanted to talk to the Luftwaffe you’d swap in the Fu7.

When Wittman was photographed in front of “S04” it was fitted with the Fu7.
The only externally visible sign is that it had a rod antenna on the left instead of a star antenna on the right.
I wouldn’t call that a third option.
It’s a 2-in- kit.

David

1 Like

There are 16th T34s by Trumpeter

Can you make a Tunisian Tiger? What kind of Tunisian Tiger?
The Tigers of the 504 battalion in Tunisia are all very much like Tiger “131” in that UK museum. The kit does appear to build those Tigers. It has the original type of Feifels and so forth.
I’m not sure if they will include the special parts for “131” itself.

The Tigers of the 501 battalion in Tunisia are very different, and I’m pretty sure this kit will not build them.

David

1 Like

Oh yeah that’s right and I thought hobby boss made one too no ?

Not sure

HobbyBoss is part of Trumpeter so they may only have the one kit. They don’t seem to overlap releases very much.

But as a David said, not out of the (this) box… my choice is for an SS vehicle at Kursk, with crew in SS camo coveralls.

Who knows, if this sells well, there may be more iterations after this. Sturm Tiger anyone?

Postage will be the killer of this, with postage matching, if not exceeding, the price of the kit.

Only 21 sleeps to Christmas!

Not sure if you are in the US or not, but the 1/16 Sherman was only $13.00 from Arizona to Florida, which is a fantastic deal for something so big and heavy.

1 Like

Hobby Boss has or had a 1/16th Tiger out.
I built it here, don’t know what happened to the Pics.

Wasn’t it basically a shell for RC components?

Living in the USA is nice. When I lived in Canada it wasn’t uncommon for the price of shipping on sprue bros deals to be more than the kit.

Ill wait for a Churchill

2 Likes

Providing this kit has a textured surface to accurately replicate casting etc, it will be a truly great kit. Trumpeter do a couple of 1/16 Panthers that beautifully smooth…

2 Likes

I think after the Tiger, it is going to be a Panther, or King Tiger…even in 1/16 German cats are going to be very popular.

1 Like

I agree even the big kittys will be big sellers

1 Like

A 1/16 Ferdinand/elefant would make me very happy indeed

4 Likes