Andy's Hobby HQ 1/16 Early Tiger

Don’t Hooben make an Elefant in 1/16?

I’d like to these guys in 1/16…

1 Like

Not to be unkind guys but a 1/16 Tiger of ANY sort is a good start. Being critical of the version or options doesn’t help anyone considering what to build/release. I know. I was in the model railroad industry and no matter what we released there was always someone complaining about their version not being represented.
My advice is to be happy Andy is doing a Tiger. Not happy with the version? Then convert it. But don’t grizzle because it doesn’t cover this or that version.
Sorry for the rant but sheez some folks are hard to please.

7 Likes

I know what you are saying,“a Tiger!!,why dont they do a any obscure AFV ?” But this thread has been pretty positive,maybe some questions about the versions,or what might come next,and of course David being very informative with our questions,but not the usual complaing or criticism noticed here from anyone.Everyone just excited about the possibilities.
Now we will have to wait and see how acurate and detailed it is,then perhaps some criticism will follow.

I won’t nitpick the kit here, but I am noticing some little issues with it. I’m compiling a list that will be updated as and when new images get released.

My thoughts on the new Tiger…

David

3 Likes

Tigers sure sell don’t they?

1 Like

Never thought I’d read something like this in my lifetime…Allied subject s are usually relegated to 2nd and 3rd string design teams at manufacturers…Andy’s Sherman mentioned as a benchmark for a Tiger model…I find that interesting…

1 Like

I always thought that the day some brand released a decent Tiger at 1/16 would sell like hot cakes. I think that time has come and Andy is going to make a lot of money, even I’m thinking about getting one. I don’t understand much about versions and I’m not a purist but in the first images it looks very detailed and with great definition although it would be necessary to see real photos of the plastic and not digital images.

One thing catches my attention, the Tiger is ref. AHHQ 0003 and the Sherman at 1/16 is ref. AHHQ 0001. Where is the 0002? What is reserved for 0002?

Greetings to all!

1 Like

I think 0002 is the US tank commander figure. I may be wrong of course

Any idea when we may see this kit for sale? Reckon i’ll have one

1 Like

The video at the end says it is not R/C…so I guess he converted it?

Yes, you are correct, good eye I missed it. I am surprised how easily the wheels and tracks moved on the smooth surface of the floor.

Certainly looks good as a kit, Hopefully not too far away because, you know, I’ve nothing else to build right now.

I will add material to that page as and when I get more images of the kit. I’m not “in the loop” and I only see what you all see.

David

1 Like

Guess were getting close to pre-order time !!!

My wallet says YEA!!! Not.

Although there are only a few preview images available yet, I’ve found a number of little things on the model that I would like to replace for accuracy.

It’s peculiar. I get the impression that the kit’s designers never visited a Tiger. Some of these faults seem to be copied from various 1/35 kits.

Hopefully there will be an aftermarket set from some enterprising owner of a 3D printer.

David

It may be easier to mold the parts that way.
Ken

Hi David, I saw the thread on this subject over at missing lynx, and even if AHHQ/Takom don’t want your observations, I do. Please keep posting as I will use them once the kit is out. Cheers, Kylie

2 Likes

No, really, it’s nothing to do with how the parts are molded.
Take an example; the real antenna tube had a wide section at one end. Andy’s tube has a wide section at both ends. Easily fixed, but…why? Takom never saw that in a photo, I guarantee.
Then I realised : the older Dragon 1/35 kits had this error. It didn’t matter so much in 1/35 scale, but it was wrong. And definitely it was the one and only place where Takom could have got this idea.

Scaling up a smaller kit isn’t the way to go, if you ask me.

David

3 Likes