Andy's Hobby HQ to release a 1/16 M113A1/M113A1 ACAV

Yep, noticed
Freshly painted Hastings, NZ,

March 1982

Mal

5 Likes

And if the AM people get so boldā€¦ Chaparal Tracks, tracked Rapierā€¦ M901, M981ā€¦ Aussie FSVs with Saladin or Scorpion turretsā€¦ Zippo trackā€¦

2 Likes

Yep, a genuine toss up between one of these or a 234/1 (if done).

1 Like

Great news. Now, if only they do the ā€˜Nam Aussie FSVā€™ version tooā€¦ and a Fitter track. That would be impressive!

4 Likes

IMG_0046

If I get oneā€¦ and only one, it will have to be from Task Force Gator in Panamaā€¦my old battalion after I leftā€¦

4 Likes

Nah, for me itā€™d be between this & a Stolly Mk 2ā€¦

Mal

2 Likes

Stolichnaya?

1 Like

Stolly - Stalwart, Alvis, High Mobility Load Carrier

1 Like

I couldnā€™t find my non water mark photo but this one works. One of six total vehicles used by H&S Company, 3rd Tank Battalion 1969 RVN

On loan from 5th Mech Div.

I have in the plans a 1/35 version but a 1/16 will work as well.

3 Likes

Wow I did not know that. Very interesting pic!

2 Likes

Ryan what is an H&S company?

1 Like

I didnā€™t either till a few years ago. It was a strange year for Marine equipment borrowed from the Army units leaving RVN.

H&S = Headquarters and Support/Service/Supply.

1 Like

Oh ok thanks, I kinda figured it was something along those lines. That would be a great model, something you never see.
It would probably throw some contest judges off lolā€¦ā€¦

2 Likes

That is another reason to do it and watch there brains short circuit. :joy:

2 Likes

Absolutely lol
I tell ya I learn something new on this site everyday it seems.
I know the Airforce used them and of course the Army, now the Marines. Any Navy use anyone knows about ?? Coast Guard?

1 Like

Not to my knowledge. If it was more amphibious like an Amtrak I could see them using it. Because itā€™s tracked I donā€™t see the cross over like the 5 ton or Jeep but who knows.

1 Like

Wow, 36 posts and no ā€œthe front plateā€™s wrongā€, or ā€œthe wheel spacing looks off to meā€, that must be some record. If this were a WWII Axis vehicleā€¦

3 Likes

I donā€™t understand the affinity towards 1/16th scale models.

1 Like

Thank (your preferred deity) its not another Tiger, Panther KT etcā€¦

What I wondered about are the footmen loops, are they solid or actual bridges with space underneath.
I have bad memories of grinding them off my 1/18th M113s - zamac (Zinc alloy) upper hull - & trying to drill out holes for 26/6 staples - lots of broken 1 mm bits.
And are the track pins metal?

Mal

1 Like

Solid, Iā€™ve the Tiger and it is essentially a scaled up 1/35 average Tiger kit. But for the price, itā€™s great as I can add whatever after market I want.

1 Like