Another Special Hobby 1/72 Bf-109E

@litespeed I was a bit worried about doing this fairly monochrome scheme when starting it, I’ve never been that confident that I can make something interesting out of it. In this case I had a lot of help in at least three ways:

1. The surface detail is so nice that you just have to do a light wash in order to get the model to look a lot more exciting.

2. The relatively light colour is a lot easier than for instance a dark blue Wildcat or Hellcat.

3. The fact that I, due to bad airbrush cleaning standards, managed to spread a multitude of tiny little white dots all over the model that I had to touch up. With a paint that I didn’t manage to match to the base coat :slight_smile: .

Actually, the major contributor was 3). Isn’t it satisfying to know that negligence and coincidence are the two dominant parts in the recipe for success? :grin: :grin: :grin:

The canopy is just wedged in place, I’ll substitute it with a vac-form (that I thought I had :slight_smile: ). The canopy is by far the weakest part in these kits, even if they are clear they are a lot thicker than what is desirable and I can’t understand why considering the quality of the rest of the kit. I have a Rob Taurus canopy on back order, I don’t know the quality of these but they do seem to be the only ones generally available for the time being.

So, the Evil Trio has now expanded into an Evil Quartet!

It has now joined the trio in the collection!

:raising_hand_man:

Magnus

6 Likes