Another Special Hobby 1/72 Bf-109E

Both of these are finally finished tonight, they got a gun sight each and that was the last thing missing. I’ll take some final photos this weekend but it felt important to get this one up tonight:

Tomorrow is September 15, Battle of Britain-day. I really ought to post something RAF but this is what I had at hand and without doubt it was a participant in the battle!

:raising_hand_man:

Magnus

4 Likes

What an eye catching aircraft, the camo is really nicely done.

Congratulations on a really top job. :+1:

Watto.

Congrats on another 2 finishes Magnus :cowboy_hat_face:

Looking forward to seeing finished photos :smiling_face:

@flatfour I’m happy that you like it! One of the most enjoyable aspects of airbrushing: Luftwaffe mottling!

@Russelle It tool some time but here they finally are, the photos!

Let’s start of with the JG 52 E-3, shot down over England in September 1940 with a lucky pilot who survived as a PoW.

And then a bit of an odd bird, a Romanian one! There were a few export customers for the 109.

This is the current status of my Special Hobby 109-collection. And there are a few more to come but not right now :grin: !

These caused a bit of trouble, I don’t get why the decals are of such varied quality. Especially the yellow decals are trouble-makers and when building a Romanian aircraft, alternatives are not that thick on the ground… Well, they are finished and they fit well in with their peers even if I did better on some of the previous ones!

As usual, these now have been added to the collecton!

Magnus

8 Likes

Two more great additions to your 109 squadron Magnus :clap::clap::clap:

The Romanian bird is particularly colourful :cowboy_hat_face:

@Russelle Thanks! I agree with you, I didn’t find that all-green finish too appealing to start with but with the yellow nose, fuselage band and the tricolor rudder I realise that I actually like it a lot :slight_smile: !

Magnus

1 Like

I’ve started on my first one of these. It will be a desert E-7.

1 Like