Anyone wants to guess what I am working on? Too obvious for Patton fans?

You people - I come up with one and a series of wishes always follow! :smiley: I should have known better.
Although this doesn’t look too hard to CAD, I am not going to design it unless someone is serious about paying for the work.

Plus, Nikos and Tom, you all are not in the US, and shipping internationally is cost-prohibitive. Yesterday, I mailed 2 ounce package of 3D prints to UK, and it cost me freaking $18 USD! That’s not worth it unless it’s a huge order.

3 Likes

Yeap, unfortunately shipping plus customs taxes from the US can turn a 20$ order into a 50$+ expenditure.

I suggested it because I know the guy behind Slingshot models who has already done a set of sprockets for the various M48 kits and he had told me that if he did it again he would include the final drive housing and use a common sprocket design.

Of course no guarantees but if there’s enough interest for actual purchase, I may CAD the final drive housing for M48/60 - likely base the dimensions off of AFV Club’s. Otherwise, a legit business like Slingshot [as opposed to some modeler printing from his basement like me] would be your better bet. Like y’all, there is not enough time in a day for this hobby.

1 Like

That’s OK James, I was just helping explain the request - I masochistically drill out my own mud holes in the plastic parts! (Me and sanity parted company ages ago…)

1 Like

Hence, I don’t anticipate any sales from this project. If I successfully design and print these, it will be more for my personal gratification and use.

I already told you I need/want at least two vehicles worth.

Really a little 48 update set with sprockets for AFV track, wheels, 50 cal and antennas plus some 3D printed plugs/guides. Just saying. :moneybag::moneybag:

LOL! OK, thanks, Ryan for the support. So yeah, 1 or 2 sales then. :wink:

I got the road wheels already - I dare to say they are the most accurate replica of anything on the market:

Comparing it to the DEF version:

Real thing to show how more accurate mine is:

With supports

I also have the top 1/2 version to save $ and more universal applications:

I have had zero sale of these. :smiley:

50 cal - I already have - can send you another if you want. Plugs - don’t have any made yet but can be easily CADed. What are the “guides”?

2 Likes

Looking at Paul’s build, I thought he had made a guide to set the suspension arms correctly.

Hi Ryan,
I have that pdf printed at my desk. Paul Budzik adjusted idler arms and made some holes for track tension adjustments, etc. He also made some jigs using Evergreen rods, etc. That would be something you’d have to do on your own. 3D prints may not be the solution for those.
What I can do is making replacement bumper springs, which Paul did not replace but suggested in his M48A3 corrections. That may be it.

Kind regards,
James

1 Like

I veture to guess this is for an M113.

OY? We were talking about M48/60 drive wheel and sprocket the whole time (see above), and you must have not read it. Incorrect, bud.
M113 wheels would be nice to do though - Again, to correct Academy, Tamiya, and possibly Dragon’s. Maybe after M48/60 drive wheels and final drive housing. :wink:

1 Like

One more related WIP project. Basic shape is there but need to refine it.

1 Like

Another weekend project coming up. A fellow modeler requested some 105 mm tank rounds. I have CADs for 120 mm’s in my folder already. I will revise them a little to look like 105 mm’s.

APFSDS:

HEAT

I may be able to print out an ultimate M60A3 tank upgrade 3D print set in the near future - replacement road wheels, drive wheels, final drive housing, tow pintle, round shells, and wind sensor.

Kind regards,
James

1 Like

More items now available for 3D printing!

Modern US vehicle tow pintle

Pretty darn close to the real thing!

US vehicle jerry/water can holder

3 Likes

3D prints in 1/35 done~! Very happy with the results.

Tow pintles

Fuel can holders:

With kind regards,
James

3 Likes

WIP for M48/60 drive wheel/sprocket:

Basically, I need to revise the tooth shapes of the gray one to look like the real thing.

Hoping to wrap this up over the weekend.

Kind regards,
James

1 Like

Done!

I’ll offer two types of sprockets - one for M60A1/A3 and another for M48s.

2 Likes

OK, next up is the final drive housing:

1 Like

Calling these done! How do these look? Final drive wheel housing - used AFV Club’s part measurements. Can be printed into one piece or two separate pieces as shown below:

$6 per set in 1/35. PM me with serious inquiries only. The same pricing for the drive wheel/sprocket set above also. Shipping overseas is going to be minimum $18 USD btw.

Kind regards,
James

1 Like

One more added to my portfolio today~! TOW BGM-71 missile set:

I just saw the Legend’s set. I will probably improve the design a bit based on more reference photos.

Kind regards,
James

4 Likes