Anyone wants to guess what I am working on? Too obvious for Patton fans?

Now that is nice James. I too was looking at Legend set last week at Sprues bros but yours looking real good. Just might have to see what this guy will look like in 1/16. What do you think? :grin:

Hi Mike,
It will be big in 1/16 but it should fit my print platform. Gmail me please to discuss the details.

Kind regards,
James

@Tank_1812, I got the spring shocks done:

May not be 100% accurate but useful for replacing Tamiya M48A3’s bad parts.

Kind regards,
James

1 Like

Awesome. I think those will look great on the Tamiya kit. :+1:

OK, @Tank_1812, the set is finished and ready for 3D print!

Kind regards,
James

1 Like

@Tank_1812 ,
Successful 3D prints in 1/35 of M48A3 drive wheel sprocket, final drive housing and spring bumpers. The bolt details on the sprockets are not as noticeable as I want so I’m going to revise them a little better. Fortunately, flawless fit with AFV C’s indi and Dragon DS’s tracks.
Spring bumpers came out nicely, too.

Wishing everyone a great week ahead.

Kind regards,
James

4 Likes

They are looking great James. Look forward to seeing the revised sprocket. The old girl will be getting a nice make over.

1 Like

Some more goodies designed for Pattons. Not sure how well these will print in 1/35 b/c of their size but will try.

2 Likes

OK, revised it to look more like the real thing:

This truly is a “rivet counter” kind of work. You really won’t be able to notice it in 1/35 unless applying a magnifying glass. :laughing:
Working on the other ones.

Kind regards,
James

1 Like

OK, improved the curvature. I’m calling this one done. Don’t feel like spending more time to be a “rivet counter” or “curvature police” on these tiny parts in 1/35. :grin: The white one is the old version - for comparison only.

Kind regards,
James

2 Likes

Tie downs printed fine. Need some steady hands to get them off the supports w/out breaking and prevent carpet monsters from eating these:

I made the jigs for scratch-building - sticks on the left. Not sure how well those would work.

Improved the look of the sprockets - one on the left is the previous print. Bolt details/depth should be better but i feel like injection molding does a better job at this.

Comparing to my original attempt in the middle.

Kind regards,
James

2 Likes

Looks great. :+1:

Tried the printed jigs for the 1st time. Appears to be useable but still annoying to make the tie downs decently with the copper wire.

1 Like

Planning to CAD AN/VSS-1 next month after vacation (with the cover):
Reference photos:
AN_VSS-1

1 Like

Also related to the planned searchlight above, I am planning to CAD IDF Magach 2’s searchlight mount.
Reference photos:

1 Like

The dimensions in this sketch (I have drown it) are what looked right in my eyes proportionally. I did not have any kind of actual measurments. Also take in mind that there is a bolt on the top piece.

2 Likes

Very nice. Thank you Nikos!

Back from my vacation. Finished CAD work for M48A# wheels per Tank_1812’s order:

3D printing today.

1 Like

Printed some today:

Sprockets came out better than last time:

Two of the final drive housings had weird print lines, which I had not seen before… Will try again later.

50 cal came out nicely

3 Likes

Making slow progress on Magach searchlight mount

3 Likes