Anyone wants to guess what I am working on? Too obvious for Patton fans?

Experiencing some print fails after switching out the FEP flim in my printer a few days ago… Seems to have fixed it but not 100% sure until I do some more repeat runs.
These M60 steel wheels and sprockets printed OK for some reason:

1 Like

I’m calling this Magach searchlight mount CAD done:

2 Likes

CAD work of M48A3 light guards done. Feedback would be appreciated.
Printing out some this weekend.

1 Like

They look good - what lens are they designed to fit? One suggestion would be to attach the cross-shaped support to the headlight so the whole assembly is a drop-fit - I’ve done enough of the Dragon and Tamiya ones to want to avoid the fiddle of supporting the parts and trying to get it all to line up! Especially if using superglue which does not allow much fiddle-time…

Hi Tom, Dragon or Tamiya lenses should fit but I’d recommend using clear resin drops or UV-sensitive clear resin drops for more realistic look.
Thought about the cross-shaped support being attached to the rest of the parts but with the guards being printed so thin in 1/35, removing supports is going to need a lot of finesse and patience not to break anything in the process so printing them separately would be safer. Plus, you risk support structures obliterating the details. Additionally, it was tough to judge the exact angles of attachment in Dragon vs. Tamiya, etc. I also left out horn and black-out light(?) so the buyer would have to use the kit-supplied parts. It was a balancing act.

Kind regards,
James

1 Like

OK, so I am including a black-out light(?) also in this upgrade set. Didn’t want to bother with the horn however b/c I’ve spent way too much time on this already with only one buyer…

1 Like

1/35 3D prints of the recent designs:
Magach 2 searchlight mount

M48A3 headlight guards (came out a bit thick to prevent print fails so I plan to make them a little thinner later)

2 Likes

So I improved the detail of the M48A3 light guards by thinning the frames a little.
Previous attempt on the left and new (thinned) version on the right.

New set vs. old one at the bottom:

1 Like

I remember the fill and check plus’s being recessed, but it’s been a long time.

Hi Dan,
Can you show some photos of the fill and plus? Not familiar with those. Can certainly revise the CAD.

Kind regards,
James

I’ll looks at some pics later today

Hi Dan,
Ha! That’s the exact set of photos I used to CAD mine. I understand that the shape may not be exact - I had to take some liberty to universally fit different existing kit parts.

Good pics of the final drives here

One more set of goodies CADded. M48A2 light guards (based on Dragon kit’s measurements):

Reference photos used (courtesy of Prime Portal)

2 Likes

Light guards for M48A2s printed very nicely. A little more light sanding will make these better:

2 Likes