Are you sticking to the Armorama forum solely or are you venturing out to the main forum page?

I need to see how many of you are staying closeted in this (Armorama-only) forum vs. those that are getting outside. Standard Covid-era stuff. :wink:

Are you visiting the homepage of the forum?
  • No, not at all
  • Not very often
  • Yes, Regularly

0 voters

Still trying to get used to the new site (which Iā€™m really enjoying BTW) and I seem to forget to venture out of the forums. Iā€™m sure it will become more habitual soon and Iā€™ll be able to check off ā€œYes, Regularlyā€ on the next poll.

If I am honest, I am sticking to this main KM homepage and jumping in and out of forums - 95% Armorama. I do look in the main Armorama site as flying visits but again, if I am honest, I am not totally sure how that works with posting pictures or build reviews etc ?
And I have to once again repeat that I loving this new site/format and how it works. I think it a quantum leap forward.

1 Like

Yep, I go to the other sites on a regular basis just to see what is what on each. :face_with_monocle:

I stopped clicking any links to the other pages as I keep getting asked to turn off my adblock and I simply will not do so.

Still trying to figure out how this whole thing works.
Ken.

2 Likes

Only here-postā€¦

Iā€™m all over the place, the site is awesome! Thankā€™s admins!:beer: I even follow topics out of my build range ā€” the reason I donā€™t get anything done! ā€” gottaā€™ get to the spray booth now! See ya! :dash:

I take cyber security very seriously. As part of my defensive measures, I use a strong adblocker and keep the screws on it very tight. I do this as third party ads are a cyber security threat - they include web beacons, trackers, and in some cases malware. The Armorama site looks good; but, when it stops me until I disable the ad blocker, I leave.

Rick

I do have trouble finding the old kit reviews, any way to move those over, I found them very helpful. The only way I am able to get to them is through a link someone posted and I donā€™t recall where i saw it. If those could be blended in with the reviews on the main page that would be helpful at least to me.

99% this forum only

I follow this forum, the general discussion and the uncategorized section.

Once I get the old sites fully archived I can setup a specialized Google search form to find content on either the new or old sites. The search on the new site (thatā€™s built into the code) is awful. As most search engines are. The forum has a decent enough search but 100s of developers have worked on this codebase so that is why.

Anyway yes we will have a system to find older reviews and other content soon. Until then remember the old sites are still located at their *.kitmaker.net domains. So armorama.kitmaker.net, etc. The search bar on those sites still works of course.

Cheers,
Jim

2 Likes

jim-thanks for the reply and explanation. I certainly enjoy everything here and appreciate all of the staffs work to keep this rolling and providing a beautiful forum. Hope you didnā€™t take that as nitpicky or criticism, one stop shopping is always the sweetest!

1 Like

I stick to the Armorama site mostly but I am looking into the other sides. I didnā€™t like it at first (Iā€™m not big on change. Definitely an old fart) but I like it a lot now. So much easier to post pics! Looking forward to seeing what else is out there.

1 Like

I keep two tabs open, one for each

I made this video today to let people know about the bell option for categories.

6 Likes

Iā€™m here and check out the home pages of the various KMN realms. All over the place. I like the new network.

1 Like

That was helpful. I wasnā€™t aware of half that stuff. I aint muting nothing tho! Diggin this whole new KMn way too much!

2 Likes

Movement about the web site is nowhere near as easy as it used to be. I no longer check out other sections just for the hell of it like I used to. Heck, I barely read anything on Armorama itself anymore.

1 Like