ARKHITECT-Advanced Research Colonizer

I saw this on another forum, and I thought it looked pretty cool:

Apparently it’s for real: https://www.luckymodel.com/scale.aspx?item_no=PSD-AMK-001

And, yes, it’s a spaceship based on an Iwata airbrush, but with a max velocity of 800kph you aren’t exploring the galaxy very quickly!

Jim

3 Likes

True, but when you get where your are going you can paint it anyway you like. :crazy_face:

2 Likes

it certainly looks like a very interesting subject to build.

I agree, I almost want to get it as I have a few Iwata’s but for the price I might wait for the Master knock off kit. :sunglasses:

To be fair and all kidding aside, it’s cool looking, lighting package and decent parts count.

When you’re tired of it as a spaceship can you still use it as an airbrush?? :thinking:
:smiley:

“Luke… come to the OD side.” 🥷

1 Like

I saw there is a second boxing. The best I can work out is the box art is different but that’s it. The price and description of what’s included seems to be the same.
https://www.luckymodel.com/scale.aspx?item_no=PSD-AMK-002

At any rate, I got a shipping notice on the 001 kit that Jim posted. I will try to do a mini review when it arrives sometime in the next 7-21 days they say. :man_shrugging:

The kit arrived today. The box is bigger then 8x11 paper sheet but a little smaller then 11x17.

Sprues looks very Bandaish which is a good thing I think. You can paint but they have multi colored sprues.

14 pages of instructions will require more study before working on the kit.

HTH

3 Likes

Now look what you did… oops I accidentally ordered one! Spose I can give it to SWMBO as her pressie to me for Xmas… LOL

Keith

1 Like

Is that a lighting kit in there?
:smiley: :canada:

Wait a minute!! That’s a plastic kit? I thought it was based on an Iwata airbrush. So how big is the finished kit?

Yes, lighting kit is included.

1 Like

Yes its a plastic kit. They basically scaled up an Iwata airbrush and added greebles plus led lights. Not sure the length when complete but some text suggests 272 mm x 41mm x 70mm or 9.5”x 1.6”x 2.8”.

3 Likes

The designers did a really good job keeping true to the Iwata airbrush design as a Sci-Fi spaceship.

It’s unique, original, and pretty cool, but spaceship functionality wise, it looks a bit too much like an airbrush still, so a mixed-bag for me.

If I were to get one I’d remove the “Paint Cup”, then it would look a lot better.

Regards,

M

Nothing says you have to add the cup. Just make a cap to match.

Pity, as the “Paint cup” has some nice detailing, and it’s illuminated. Maybe it could be replaced somewhere else, like over the “air-hose connection”! :thinking:

I have to agree. The paint cup looks a little weird. My son & I were looking over the photos, and we both agreed that the paint cup is probably the “bridge” area of the ship. It does look nicely detailed & lit, but maybe it could be modified somehow. Regardless, it looks like a nice kit & a pretty cool ship. Don’t think I’ll get one, though.

Jim

1 Like

I like it, might get one. I haven’t gone to LuckyModel yet so don’t know the price. :wink:

I also see the ‘paint cup’ in the wrong place. I’d probably relocate it off to one side, slightly low of center

2 Likes

Would be cool to have the USSF Valdez Refueling Ship in the form of an air tank and conpressor hovering below with a fueling hose attached! :rocket: :smiley:

3 Likes