Assemble in 150 (?) hours! SU-85 mod. 1943 early production. MiniArt 35178

Tools :smile:

2 Likes

The video fragment is taken from here:

1 Like

Your next build can have the other option.

I agree!
If I’m not mistaken, such lattices were installed on the early T-34s.

1 Like

Very possible, it did think the early T-34’s were vertical lattices. Maybe when going horizontally, the early ones were like that and then changes to more like the kit.

Exactly! The early ones were vertical.
In my spare time, I will search for information on lattices.

1 Like

Planned update.

Vlad, definitely enjoying your regular updates and progress on the MiniArt kit.

This is one of my favorite current threads! A++

Thank you very much, Wade!
I am pleasured to hear that! This encourages me to move on with even more power!
I try to make it interesting not only for me, but for the whole community. I would like to make my small contribution to the development of scale modeling. Although I am far from a professional level, I try to give my best to the maximum that I am capable at the moment. There’s a lot to learn. I am doing something for the first time in my life. Something works out. Something does not work. Everyone can see the results of my work every day. And your feedback is the best reward for my work!
Thank you very much!

2 Likes

Planned update.

Today I completed the details that, I hope, will be painted tomorrow. I will paint all hard-to-reach places in the base color. I will paint it black from the inside (perhaps I will make figures, and the upper hatches will be open). In cloudy yellow - all observation devices and immediately - in the base.

1 Like

Planned update.

Well, I finally painted something! :laughing:

1 Like

Perhaps someone will find it useful:

2 Likes

Planned update.

The idea to show the cloudy-yellow color of the glass of observation devices failed.

1 Like

No, you succeed in finding one method that didn’t work this time. Still think the recipe is sound, the scale used didn’t line up.

I agree. Too small window size. Approximately 3 mm by 1 mm. And there is no light, so painted over everything. Another reason, I think, is the not quite transparent plastic of MiniArt and the presence of roughness on the part.
I will try to experiment on one - I will wash the base to yellow at the bottom of the device.

1 Like

Planned update with a little delay.

Finally, I started gluing large parts together! The plastic is so soft that after gluing any part, large in area, the body is slightly deformed.
The armored caps, the upper part of the hull, and the bath are glued together. In general, the whole structure has already gained strength. It remains to glue the roof of the cabin. Then I putty all the cracks and restore or redo the welds. And it will be possible to start working on the chassis.

1 Like

Planned update with a little delay.

1 Like

Five hours spent on putting in order the lower part of the right fender.
What Miniart gives is different from what the original looks like.
On the original, the cutting sheet is below the stern sheet. Miniart is the other way around. Did not remodel. I just brought it to a more or less acceptable form.

The original photo was taken from here: Самоход под покраской: yuripasholok — LiveJournal

“With a fresh head” looked again at the observation devices. In general, it looks more or less normal, but still not what you need.

I analyzed the situation. I took out my old models when I did it a little differently (painted over transparent plastic in the right color). And I came to a simple and obvious conclusion: TRANSPARENT COLORED VARNISH WILL NOT WORK! Through it, we will see the next layer of paint (in our case, green). Even with a hint of yellow (as in our case), but still the glass itself will look green. From which one more simple conclusion follows: if we want to show any COLOR OF GLASS, then it must be COLORED IN THIS COLOR! Then it will not shine through, and we will not see the next layer, which, when using a transparent colored varnish, changes the color of the varnish itself and, accordingly, the color of the glass.

Planned update.