B-25C "Dirty Dora" 1:72 Airfix

Still working with interior.

8 Likes

I finshed the interior. Let close the fuselage!!!

And closed.

A bit of putty is needed for better look.
Stay tuned.

11 Likes

Looking good Andrzej, impressive amount of ballast in the nose :smiley:

1 Like

Tim, there are only 5 M5 nuts and I think it could be not enough :confused:
I wanted to use lead weight but it didn’t fit properly and I replacet it by nuts.

1 Like

Continouing.
I glued part C8 instead of lower gun turret. I added 2mm plastic rod for better fit.

I cut and glued additional gun blast shields at the front of the fuselage. I made them from 0,25mm plastic sheet and I took a template from 1/48 Accurate Miniatures B-25 C/D instruction.

Time to add gun packs.
Stay tuned :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Gun packs at place.

Now it’s time to prepare front of fuselage.
Stay tuned :slight_smile: .

8 Likes

Continouing.
I reworked front glass panel. I cut part of this and replaced by rectangle 0,5mm sheet of plastic. Next I drilled 0,7mm holes for guns.
“Dirty Dora” had additional armour plate over the medium part of bombardier glass from the left side. I made a mistake and unfortunately I removed too many frames and I had to reconstruct them.

Now I’m waiting for gunsight which was in cockpit and then I will close all the front glass panels.

5 Likes

Some nice work you’re doing Andrzej.

I’m sure you have seen these pictures but for those that haven’t Here is Dirty Dora.

Something I hadn’t noticed before, but you can see that the guns are just slightly angled down both in the nose and the gun packs. Must remember that for my own build.

6 Likes

Littorio,
Yes, I saw all these pictures. And thanks for advice.

2 Likes

Sorry Andrzej a bit late for your build but have you seen these?

1 Like

Yes. I saw this ballast but it’s hard to buy in Poland (probably only E-bay is an option)

1 Like

Great work on “DD” so far, Andy! :+1:

2 Likes

Thanks Torsten.

1 Like

Thank You all for positive comments.
Finally I bought gunsights and wheels. Now I can close the cockpit and nose part.

Airfix vs. Eduard wheels. Eduard won.

5 Likes

no contest, really :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Absolutely no contest :smiley:

1 Like

I closed the front of the fuselage. I also added 10g lead weight to the bombardier’s compartment and now it is enough.

Moreover I glued the horizontal and vertical stabilizers.

8 Likes

The interior looks top shelf Andy! Good call on the tires and barrels. Much to look forward too.
H.G.

I glued all clear parts to the fuselage (exept clear tail cone which has to be reworked) and masked them using Montex masks.
And next alteration - “Dirty Dora” had flat windows in navigator compartment and parts G3 and G5 have to be replaced by parts F10 and F11.

I also added rear windows wind deflectors made from 0,25mm plastic sheet.

And finally I almost glued wings.

Now it’s time to glue engines.

7 Likes

I glued engines:

and prepared clear tail cone for cut:

7 Likes