Battle of Brody 1941 diorama WIP

Would my 1/35 Stalingrad 1943 Kursk officer work for a 1941 diorama. I feel like his uniform is out of place. I know he is carrying a PPSH-41 but i think by the way he’s gripping the gun it could pass as a PPD-40?

Okay guys I’ve finished another figure and am almost finished with my first infantry figure too.
Here is the finished alpine miniatures soviet tank crew.
I used ammo migs soviet uniform paint set and followed their step by step guide. It came out well but i know that I’ll need to refine and do more brush work to make it perfect in the future.

3 Likes

They really look great, that leather jacket is fantastic, as are his boots!

1 Like

@bwilt thank you! The boots weren’t as hard but getting the right highlights was a bit difficult.

First infantry figure completed today. The figure is from the manufacture Tank. The mosin got beat up a little and is a bit shorter cause of it. Uniform was air brushed with ammo migs soviet uniform paint set.

3 Likes

Wow that is some fine looking figure work! Bravo!

I think that one figure that you asked about earlier would work for 1941, aside from the Ppsh sub machine gun. And of course any magazine pouch for that weapon. But his uniform is correct with the pre war collar on his uniform blouse.

1 Like

@Stikpusher Thank you! I was surprised with how well the face came out, i was a bit timid about the facial features but i think they worked to my advantage.
On the officer figure I may modify the ppsh as best as i can but honestly not much difference between the 40 and 41 variant except for the stock. The only thing I’ve seen that is wrong on the uniform is that the shoulder boards didn’t come about until 1943.

Edit: I think I’m going to paint the officer with a green top rather then an all khaki uniform. Give the diorama some more color variation.

Hey all, I’ve completed the dio and will be posting in a new threat, come check it out!