Battle of the Bulge

Naturally.
J

Wow. Crinkled up some fir needles from the Christmas tree, put a couple rounds from my M1 into a tree stump to hear the clip hit the ground, and checked out your photos. All senses covered. Except for the nervous fear these guys must have felt. Nicely done, good sir.

3 Likes

Great way to simulate for sure! Thanks man and Merry Christmas,
J

What a great little scene… Just 3 figures but it gives a sense of the whole thing… The closeness of the forest, the gloom, mist. Glad his trigger finger is outside the guard as well… Don’t want any unintentional discharges … :+1::+1:

Very nice! Is this a box dio? It reminds me of Shep Paine’s work.

1 Like

And a Merry Christmas to you as well! I guess I could always go for a ride in the middle of this coming storm in order to pucker up the fear factor. Be safe! And keep the power on,

4 Likes

Thanks for the kind comments buddy! Did you notice the glove cut off of the trigger finger ?

1 Like

Thanks man. Almost boxed. Surrounded on 3 ides by cardboard for the pics.
J

1 Like

As always sir, a huge thank you for doing your photoshop magic.
J

That’s how I noticed the finger :point_right::+1:… Just forgot to mention the glove​:frowning:

1 Like

Merry Christmas Jerry!
Good job on the dio

1 Like

Same to you bud! Thanks,
J

1 Like

Excellent job!

1 Like

Very atmospheric scene Jerry. The murk and muted green and brown tones of a winter pine forest is captured so well. A really interesting moment to capture in miniature too- the poses and the looks on their faces are up to your usual high standards.

1 Like

Thanks man for your usual excellent comments. Merry Christmas to you and yours,
J

1 Like

Last summer we visited the Ardennes (again) and after that I started reading into the battle. I started with the excellent books by Christer Bergström. Those are excellent, well researched books and well worth reading. From my own observations and the descriptions in the literature, it is my opinion that you managed to capture the atmosphere very well!!!

You too Jerry!

1 Like

Very , very cool JR !!!

1 Like

Thanks buddy ! Glad you liked it. If you get the chance you should read the Duel in the Mist series. One of the best concerning the actions around LaGleize, etc.
J

Thanks man,
It is always an honor to et the coveted PBR award!
J