Battleship Bismarck by Trumpeter

I remember those well in the science museum when I visited it as a kid… They were perfect… It’s akin to one of the replica scale models that ship manufacturers would make and present to the company like White Star or the Admiralty to have on display as you entered the building …

2 Likes

Amazing GIFs | Tenor

No words…

3 Likes

Great wall art too!!!

3 Likes

Super impressed with the work you have done on her. I also have the Wall Art you are displaying behind the Model. It is very well done…Cheers mark

1 Like

Absolutely beautiful work!

1 Like

This was a labor of love, and it shows, incredible work, period!

What an incredible finish!

1 Like

Even if I repeat myself, thank you very much for the many positive comments.

excellent work

1 Like

Jörg,

I’m sorry I’ve come too late to follow your progress of showing your build, I’ve just been catching up here (real life wasn’t too permissive for modeling issues lately).
Congratulations to this fantastic build, I’m just blown away. Hands down, that is the best model of Bismarck I’ve seen so for, way better, finer detailed and more accurate (historically correct) than even the huge builder’s model at B+V in Hamburg or several others displayed in museums, like Marine Ehrenmal Kiel. Your model shows besides skill an enormous dedication and attention for detail.
Hats off to you, you built a work of art.

Cheers
Jan

2 Likes

@madtatt An absolutely astoundingly brilliant build of Bismarck, Jörg! :clap: :clap: :clap: :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Wow, I’m overwhelmed by so many compliments.
Thank you guys.

@madtatt, I have read this thread cover to cover so to speak, and it has blown my mind! This is a truly fantastic build! It’s hard to find the words to express just how good it is….

I was particularly impressed with the masking / painting of the Baltic strips… they are immaculate and must have taken a lot of patient masking!!

Perhaps you might be having your own Nico Rosberg moment about now…. do you continue modelling? or do you retire knowing you have achieved at the absolute highest level?!?! never to be bettered?!?!

If I can ask for your (or anyones) opinion please. I have hopes of one day building Trumpeter’s 1:350 Bismarck, and am looking for some pointers on good reference material. I do like a good hardback book, and wondered if this one below would be a good started? Are you familiar with this book?

TIA!

1 Like

@barleeni I have this book, it has some really nice photos of various details around the ship, pretty useful for reference and understanding how some things were installed.

There are also these two books

I do not have the red one, but these also includes lots of helpful information.

2 Likes

Thanks for the nice words, Tia.
Yes it’s true, the masking took a lot of time and effort, but makes the ship a lot more interesting.
Of course I continue to model. But I briefly switched divisions and am building now the millennium falcon. There is also a build report here.
CEC YT-1300 Millennium Falcon by Bandai
As reference material I can only recommend the book

Anatomy of the Ship / The Battleship Bismarck

by Stefan Draminski.
This is the second red book that gtdeath13 shows.
It is full of detailed drawings, a rigging sheet is included and so much more.
There is almost nothing better to build an authentic Bismarck.
I hope that one day I will see the build report of your Bismarck here.

Greetz Jörg

Ahoy everyone.
A little addendum to my Bismarck.
Today the prize I won with the model at Modelwarships arrived.

Absolutely appropriate, since there are four sets of sailors from the Imperial Japanese Navy, which I can use very well for my Mikasa or Yamato.
And of course it makes me very proud to have won at such a renowned ship model construction site.

8 Likes

Well done and rightly deserved :+1:

1 Like

I’ll definitely second that! :+1:

1 Like

Congratulations! Well deserved! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Many thanks for that.

New to the ship part of kitmaker network. I’m usually on armorama but browse here every now and again. WW2 naval stuff catches my eye though, and this Bismarck has blown my mind. I’ve always dreamed of trying my hand at a 1:200 ship to adorn my living room mantle. Watching this unfold leads me to believe I should stick to 1:35 armor lol. This is amazing. It’s so satisfying to watch the bridge area and all the lookout stations get built. You’ve done such an amazing job! One of my favorite books in my library is ‘German Naval Guns 1939-45’ by Mirosław Zbigniew Skwiot. Iooking through these photos gives me that same sense of awe, but for the rest off the ship.

2 Likes