Best Fitting Kits

I know Tamiya is at the top of the list of best fitting kits but,what other company makes good fitting kits?

With very few exceptions most of the major/popular companies make good fitting kits. I would say Takom, Meng, and RyeField are all pretty close. There will always be a turkey or two every now and then but for the most part the fit of those kits is very good. As for ease of build Takom are fairly east to build while Meng and Ryefield are a bit more complex due to a generally higher parts count, more PE, and some small parts that have to be dealt with. Best bet is to ask about specific kits and look at build reviews if they are available.

2 Likes

Since the company’s re-engineering in 2018, Zvezda kits are some of the best fitting kits out there. Buy any of their new kits and you will have a very happy building experience. Not only that, Zvezda kits are very inexpensive on today’s market - an MBT kit can be had for $30 - $35.

1 Like

Strangely I have yet to build a Zvezda kit. Which modern kit would toy recommend?

I’ll echo what Armorsmith said. All companies have good fitting kits and all have dogs. No one company is really “the best”.

Your best bet is to pick a subject and research it (mention it here, read reviews, look at others builds, etc.) to find the best kit of “X”.

the Meng Kamaz trucks are amazing. Awesome fit, excellent details and very buildable. I build one and it was one of my favourite kits ever! loved it so much i also bought the Kamaz Dump truck…

1 Like

The Zvezda Tiger, Typhoons, Kamaz trucks, Pantsir, MSTA, and T90s are all excellent kits.

2 Likes

Thanks. I see another T90 in my future. :grin: :grin:

Where did you find the kit?

Dragon WWII German armor kits are well engineered and fit together nicely.
Panthers,Tigers, III’S IV’S Stugs,
all are excellent,and their T-34 family builds nicely

a shop in the Netherlands has it for sale. Ordered it from them and received it today. Have not got a clue where they got it from, not really seen it anywhere else…

2 Likes

Try to find voluminous decals from Quinta Studio and you won’t want to close the doors on the model

1 Like

As far as Takom, I kinda have to disagree a bit. Having built their M-47 G and E/M, along with both the AML 60 and 90, all 4 had their fit/step/gap issues. While I will continue to build that brand, I will also have to accept, with each build, that there will be issues…goes with the hobby. As previously mentioned, no one company can escape the occasional error/issue. I know…building 1/35 for 50 years, you youngsters have no idea how good you have it today! My 2 cents.

3 Likes

The Zvezda Kamaz dump truck kit is all over Ebay from Estonia, Latvia, Bulgaria, and Germany.

1 Like

Humm. I also built the M47G and E/M and don’t recall any issues with either kit. It there were problems they must have been minor but I don’t recall.

1 Like

I have the set but not the kit. Go figure.

I agree with you about Takom- not huge issues in my experience and not enough to put me off their kits either. I expect they will get better as they develop. Their etch in the kits I’ve built is not very good- far too stiff which makes folding and shaping it difficult.

1 Like

have tried the Quinta decals in the past and they are really awesome. Do hope to get this Kamaz decal set but not sure if it will be sold in this area due to the sanctions. Then again, the Kamaz Dump truck itself was available so I might be able to find it…

This place sppears to have got some Quinta stuff in stock.Looks like they got your dump truck set.They are in Tennessee

1 Like

Been getting all my Quinta stock from them. :+1::+1: