Best Tank that Never Was - Part 2!

Thanks for the kind words Tom, can you go over to the Sci-fi and Alternative campaign and repost them? :grin:

The model fits both, but this idiot here didn’t watch what he was doing. :exploding_head:

So… let’s try again.

Archer dry transfer decals and flat coat down on the LeFh18/40/2. Detail painting of the tools nearly done. When the flat coat hardens, I’ll get into weathering.

And yes, this one should be finished on time… if I don’t go fully senile in the meantime.

7 Likes

Ah I see! Both are still great models. As for deadlines, if anyone out there needs more time do sing out!

2 Likes

Look on the bright side, Peter - at least you did not post a plane or ship in the “Best tank…” tread :wink::sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

Great job on the camouflage - looking forward to see more :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Thanks Jesper.

1 Like

Here is where I am with my build. I can finish it for the deadline, but really do not want to rush the weathering.

Is it possible with a months extension until end of January?

5 Likes

Given how cool that beast is, I’m sure I can rustle up an extension! (Also takes the pressure off my own build - my spray booth is currently buried under an explosion of Xmas debris…)

3 Likes

Done! Hope everybody can breathe a little easier for the rest of the holidays…

3 Likes

Thanks a lot, Tom! Much appreciated :+1:t2::slightly_smiling_face:

Almost done - just a bit more weathering in the New Year.

More to follow :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

I am calling this one done :+1:t2:

The trumpeter 1/35 Grasshopper. A very nice kit without any real issues. Comes with both individual links and rubber band tracks. I wish all kits did that.
The turret interior is decent, but the hull is completely empty, so I will add some figures later.

I absolutely love the craziness of this concept. So unnecessary and complex cumbersome concept. I understand why it was never implemented.

The finished build:

IMG_3823

IMG_3827

IMG_3822

IMG_3825

7 Likes

That’s an excellent result Jesper! (And a cool vehicle - so utterly overcomplicated in the best of German traditions…)

2 Likes

Thanks for the comment, Tom! Much appreciated :+1:t2::slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Here’s my own entry, fresh from the lightbox! I did almost no weathering, just a very subtle pin wash to highlight panel joints etc, and the lighting washed it all out compared to seeing it “in the flesh”.

As we head towards the end of the campaign, is there an appetite for a third one this year?

5 Likes

I would normally have said yes Tom, but life is getting in the way everything for me at the moment.

I am on for a third one, Tom! :+1:t2::slightly_smiling_face:

Should probably have an ending date in December or early next year.

All right, with a day of “extra time” still to go, it looks like our completed list is:

hudson29
petbat
barkingdigger
SGTJKJ

Tank_1812 started the SMK but it seems to have only been posted unpainted - did it ever get finished?

The award will be:

BestNever2Award

1 Like

Nope, still at the same point. :disappointed:

Oh well. It can feature in the Unfinished Business campaigns (one each year…) or when I get the BTTNW pt3 campaign up and running it can be finished there!

3 Likes

@barkingdigger Tom, were the medals list sent to staffjim? I dont see anything yet :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi Jesper, I sent the list to Jim on 4 Feb, but so far no action. I will prod him again, but he has been a tad slow in awarding medals on other campaigns.