Black Ops, northern Italy -43

Thanks John! I think the officer really wants to get the Iron cross, so he wants to be a part of the show:)
Before I put the figures back to the stash I sort of finished the mock up.
Please tell me, do I write mockup or mock up??

Some pictures:
Cheers

4 Likes

I do really like that one, and it’s so small you can get the whole base covering just over your fingers, but there is so so much detail… Incredible !
Mock up is usually done as mock-up but with or without the - works really :+1:

1 Like

I know you like making mockups and these are very nice.
I think the officer fits in well.
Looking forward to seeing you and your dioramas at 08-open :smiley:/ Micke

1 Like

Thank you so much guys!
Yesterday I was supposed to clean my work bench, but I could not take my eyes away from the new mock up. Instead I invested a couple of hours trying to paint the groundwork and wall.
It was so fun, I really enjoyed working with this little piece.
I think the fact that’s possible to go from an idea to a finished little diorama in a week or two, working with 1/72 that is, gives me satisfaction.

Anyway, there are some small details on the wall and ground that must be improved. The autumn trees in the back are still just for the mock up, they have to be done a proper way.
When painting the figures for Black Ops I will try to paint some of this men as well. It would be a nice bonus ending up with two new finished works in the end of February:)

PS The lamp-post is just primed.

Some pictures:

6 Likes

Yet another amazing little micro scene. Looks terrific with those few hours you spent on it Erik. I really like the damaged wall… Very realistic :+1::+1:

1 Like

great job congratulations :clap: :clap:

1 Like

Very nice. Especially the groundwork and the wall

1 Like

Thanks boys!
I don’t know why, but I built and painted a building tonight. Roof, windows and details are still to do. But that’s quite easy. Suddenly I realize that this building could be included with the wall diorama.
I only need to make the base a little deeper.
I think it could be cool as hell!
What do you think?

Pictures:

5 Likes

How you develop these from one to the next blows me away… What you do in hours, would take me weeks … Even if I could do it.
It looks great… A really clever idea and it fits right in with the wall and the way the troops are positioned. I like the partial wall advertisement as well… That’s nice :+1:

1 Like

Thanks my friend!
I want to build a lot of dioramas, to do that I have to be quick:)
All moments in that building is done before the paint and putty etc have dried decently, but it worked.
It was a lot of fun and first time I have painted a wall advertising.
Cheers!

1 Like

Truly amazing work. Your ability to scratch build a little scene, so quickly is mind blowing.
That building fits so well in this diorama, that it now looks as your first idea, with just a wall seem to be missing something. Noww it looks better, more complete.
Your half advertising sign is also amazing, the fact it was painted, makes it more so

2 Likes

I think it is getting quite boring: another great scene… a ruined wall… couple of figures… what shall I do now… let’s build a house, sure, tadatadatiedom… a fabulous house… little bit of paint so it looks great… bit of weathering so it looks very, very realistic…
willl I put an ad on its side… ohwell…, why not… just to make it look even nicer again… there, thats’done, what’s next…

:roll_eyes: :grinning: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1:

2 Likes

Yes what should I say: You are incredible at finding new things to add to your dioramas and it gets so cool :raised_hands: :raised_hands: :raised_hands:

2 Likes

Amazing work in 1/72nd , I can’t even see 1/72nd …

2 Likes

My friends, thank you so much! I am glad you like it.
I must admit that every time I get into 1/72 I feel comfortable. There are so many new high quality figures in 1/72, it’s inspiring to build in that scale again.
I hope to build the new base soon. Cheers.

1 Like

This thread has been a little off topic. From now the wall diorama will have its own thread.
Back to order!

I have put a lot of time building a sort of box for the door at the balcony on second floor.
When the facade is painted I will push in the box, and then finish the details on the balcony.
I have also made the two parts in the corners wider, I think it looks better now.
That’s about it. Cheers.

3 Likes

Nice update Erik. I really like how you do these buildings and they look so aged even before the painting stage. It really is very clever work. And always great to watch. :+1:

1 Like

Thanks John!
I worked with the roof tonight.
I have been a little worried about the lower window. I made a mistake that I don’t made any plans for that from the beginning. But I was lucky, I found windows in a box. I took away a lot of plastic from the frame and ho ho ho it fitted!
I hope the pictures speak for it self.

6 Likes

Lovely work on the house Erik. I think some of these miniart kits and similar from other manufacturers in 72nd or 35th scale can add a lot to dios and can save a lot of time. That roof looks great as one with no damage to it, and the whole house looks just right. I still marvel at all that detail you manage to get with that blue foam, it is very good to watch how its done.

1 Like

Thanks John!
Yes, especially windows is tricky and time consuming work. Therefore kits like this Miniart one is great to have. I will try to use the gutter system from this kit as well.
I will make some very small damages on the roof, after all it’s 100 years old. Painting and weathering is still to do.
Please note that this is in northern Italy, this type is more common there. Southern Italy = tile roof.
/Erik

1 Like