Brdm-2L1

Would like to make this version.

Modelling armour in Ukraine crisis - #3421 by Recon22?

What I needed to know is the the dimensions of the Trumpeter BTR-60 hatch, so if you have the kit just need a length and width please.

Thanks in advance.

Here is the current vehicle status.

2 Likes

Hi Ryan, found this…1/35 scale BTR60PA plans so I will do plastic card up scaled off this. Cheers, Jason

https://www.google.com.au/url?sa=i&url=https%3A%2F%2Fdrawingdatabase.com%2Fbtr-60%2F&psig=AOvVaw2NA3CiZBXziTw0Q3MMdgHy&ust=1652503661165000&source=images&cd=vfe&ved=0CAoQjhxqFwoTCJCPkIjW2_cCFQAAAAAdAAAAABAV

[/quote]

1 Like

Thanks. I will post the measurements I come up with.

1 Like

Very nice….
Adie Roberts continues his inspirations to help inspire modellers of all abilities to work out of their comfort zone building dioramas or just trying new builds.

A fantastic diorama dedicated to all those Ukrainians defending their homeland by modelling friend Maciej Pomianowski and his BRDM-2 armored car in Ukrainian modification BRDM-2L1. Trumpeter model, 1:35 scale with Master guns and a number of custom modifications. I added side doors, pistol ports, antenna base and sensors characteristic of the L1 version and redesigned the ventilation system because it is closed in the model. In brdm with running engine should be open. This is why I had to build a fan section from scratch with flaps and engine outlets.

6 Likes

I saw that post. It is a very nice build. One thing I have noticed that Maciej didn’t do, is the hatch in front of the muffler seems to also be open when the vehicle is moving. Doesn’t take away from the build. Given all that, mine might be a vehicle in the motor pool/not running.

2 Likes

1 Like

I was just looking at this thread earlier in the week. I have the BTR-60PA kit on the list to look for at the Richmond contest.

Do you know what this version is called? Without a huge amount of work, the Trumpeter kit is a must for this one as it has an interior.

No Ryan, I just came across the images posted by Frenchy over on the Ukraine thread……copied them across to here to try and keep this one alive with references. These must be the latest UA or a local conversion they are toying with…just a leather cover over that middle cut out bit which is interesting. Insulation in the rear where the exhaust fans are mounted?

Haven’t gotten to that post yet but thanks for posting it here.

Looks like they added extra plating over the front, so no vision ports. Wonder if it was a training vehicle pressed into service or something similar.

1 Like

Yeah, good pick up on the vision ports…with the normal (bullet resistant) windscreen in the centre?….very interesting. I missed that.

1 Like

HP found this information, civilian brdm converted back to military use.

1 Like

Good find mate!

1 Like

I didn’t find the PB kit but did get the PU kit.

I will post measurements soon with pics next the Dragon and Trumpeter BRDM kits to see if the kits work as we think.

Did see a PU captured in UA. Another modern option for the kit.

1 Like

Had a few minutes to compile my data.

Trumpeter BTR-60PU part L14

On the Dragon kit.

On the HobbyBoss kit.

Trying to show Dragon and HobbyBoss plastic. Looks very close to me.

Hope that helps anyone trying this project.

3 Likes

Looks good Ryan….
Thanks for sharing the measurements also mate.

2 Likes

Thanks. Have you made any progress on your project? I have not for mine. :pensive:

1 Like

No mate, went back to WW2 German stuff….!
I’m terrible as I get inspiration for something then after a few weeks put it away and start something else.

2 Likes

Happens to me all the time, hence no real progress on this project.

3 Likes

Standard procedure for me!
Ken

3 Likes

Oh thank god, I’m not the only one….Ken, Ryan and Jason, Model inspiration issues……LOL

1 Like