Modelling armour in Ukraine crisis

Us this written anywhere on the claymore?

Unknown

2 Likes

All these warnings are used because someone somewhere already did.

1 Like

No doubt somebody did… but the reason for the warnings is lawsuits.

2 Likes

Frenchy I think the Fiat pickup is actually a re badged Mitsubishi.

Yes it’s called the ‘Fullback’ in the UK and Ireland and is basically a Mitsubishi L200 under the bodywork.

Does anyone have spare BTR 60 hatches that they don’t want? Im going to have a crack at turning the Dragon BRDM’s into Ukrainian BRDM-2L1’s…hulls are cut to fit the BTR 60 hatches as doors. Happy to pay someone $$$$

btr 60 hatches.PNG

couldn’t you just make some out of plasticard?

Yes Klaus, but I am a very lazy man and prefer to spend time in making kits and figures…is that a good excuse…LOL :rofl:

3 Likes

Dang, another Brdm to get. Best of luck on your project Jason. The details in the article are interesting and I like the digi scheme, nice but not super complex either it seems.

Speaking of BRDM’s, only seen the gun cars as they say. Anyone seen any of the command turret less version running around? Looking for a UA or newly acquired UA car but a Z, O, N mobile would work too I guess.

1 Like
2 Likes

Something else to model:

Zoom in on the cable securing the barrel. Looks like old picture frame wire. Should be easy to model. IKs this really the best they can throw into the fight?

1 Like

Thanks Ryan.

No command versions sited in theatre yet mate!

Thanks Dan, I will check it out.
Cheers, Jason

So I assume the BRDM2L also doesnt have the 8 wheels, just the main 4 ?

H.P.

4 Likes

We do live in a hugely litigative society, but I suspect its highly unlikely anyone waited for a fatal/serious accident to occur while handling a weapon before it was decided to warn against it on the equipment itself.

More likely is that it is an inalienable fact that you can’t mitigate for stupidity, that and the procurement team had to take into account the general levels of intelligence and training of the people most likely to be using the equipment. I’m willing to bet you don’t see such warnings on more ‘sophisticated’ pieces of equipment other than those mandated by international standards. I spent 34 months in military procurement, so can vouch for this. Ah Abbey Wood, how I don’t miss you.

That said, you know the world has gone round the bend when on a commercial flight you are offered a bag of nuts emblazoned with the cautionary labelling, ‘Warning. Contains nuts’.

And this is a favourite of mine:

I do wonder if equipment now being provided to the Ukrainian forces from NATO sources has caused some of the protagonists to scratch their heads a bit.

2 Likes

A tasty little treat for the day

4 Likes

@Petition2God was working on the netting.

Not surprised they attacked/destroyed it. Probably would have folks watching the rail lines and taking them out before they even get into the fight as that is the “easiest”. Seems they have been taking the fight to Russian soil according to some reports.

1 Like

https://karopka.ru/community/user/18806/?MODEL=620291

https://karopka.ru/community/user/19990/?MODEL=620179

2 Likes

2 Likes