Bronco 1-144 Chih Yuen Chinese Cruiser

Your bridge guard rails turned out really great!

• however, I wonder if I’d really would like to stand on this bridge while the guns in front of me are firing…? And others firing back from somewhere…?

Cheers
Jan

1 Like

oh wow! Wooden hand rails! Nice!

Looking good, Mark :grinning:

Fast progress, Mark! That (aftermarket?) deck looks just right. What brand is it?

Loving this build. There is something very charming about the minimalist look of these style of ships.

Thanks Russell. Am very happy how they came out…Cheers mark

Thanks Jan. It would be rather uncomfortable on that open Bridge…Cheers Mark

Thanks Tim. It is an Art Wox A/M Deck…Cheers Mark

Thanks Mate. There is just something about this style that appeals to me also…Cheers mark

Very nice work indeed Mark,

The Fo’c’s’le deck details look great, very convincing.

Cheers

Si

Thanks Si. It is a really fun Build…Cheers mark

Sorry I did not notice this any sooner. I will be leaving her Bulwarks alone as I could not find any good References for her…Cheers mark

1 Like

Ok for the next update. Her Mainmast has been Base Painted and trial fitted. More detail painting is to come. Her Funnel has been fitted and some Washes have been added to bring out some of her Details. Will have more for you soon…Cheers mark

6 Likes

Probably a good idea at this stage of a build, and given the original is at the bottom of the Yalu river…
But there is a reproduction at 1:1 scale (which is probably what the kit represents) so I’d be surprised if there weren’t some peoples holiday snaps around.
A google search for “巡洋艦致遠” has some interesting images.

Cheers,

M

Coming on at a cracking pace Mark,

Looking very good indeed.

Cheers,

Si

Thanks for the look in Si…Cheers mark

Really fine work, Mark, and as Si says - at a cracking speed!

Looking really good, great work!

Cheers
Jan

Thanks Jan. Cannot do much else til Tomorrow when I go back to Work thanks to COVID…Cheers Mark

Her Bow area is now finally finished and am very happy with the results. I had the choice of Moulded or P/E Railings. I went with the former as they are more in scale than the P/E ones. Will have more for you soon…Cheers Mark

4 Likes

7 Likes

Hi Mark,

Excellent progress, the IM railings look very good, I agree in 1/144 etch railings can look rather two dimensional. The contrast between the paint on the hull and the anchor, very nice.

Cheers, Si