Bronco 1-144 Chih Yuen Chinese Cruiser

Mark, she is a great looking ship, you have done a fine job with the build. The Chih Yuen will display nicely.

Mark :beer:

Thanks Mate. One of the best Kits I have built in a whileā€¦Cheers Mark

Been tempted by this kit myself. Seeing what a bangup job youā€™ve done with her, Iā€™m doubly tempted.

Well done, she is a beauty!!!

Beautiful, just beautiful Mark! I used to build only small 1/700 ships, but the larger scales definitely offer a greater ā€œpresenceā€, and this larger 1/144 definitely has that.

My congratulations, youā€™ve done a solid job with this one - she will make for an impressive display!

1 Like

Iā€™m pretty much limited to that size too. I understand several Chinese (and Japanese) vessels of that era are available in plastic in 1:700th, but Iā€™ve not laid my hands on any (but I havenā€™t tried very hard). Chih Yuen is made by someone called S-model; I know little about them, but apparently the kit has full hull and waterline options and includes dedicated photo-etch and brass gun barrels.

As for the big stuff, Bronco also do a 1:144th Ping Yuen which is even more bizarre, being Chinese built based on a French designā€¦

Regards,

M

1 Like

Thanks for the comments Gents they are greatly appreciatedā€¦Cheers mark

Great job Mark, have enjoyed following along.

congrats on commissioning.

Cheers :beer: :beer: :beer: Si

Thanks Si much appreciatedā€¦Cheers Mark

Mark,

apologies for my late reply - congratulations and a job very well done! As Si says, I too have enjoyed your build log!

Cheers
Jan

Thank you Jan much appreciatedā€¦Cheers Mark