Build A Photo 2 Campaign

Well John. You will have to get the okay from the campaign leader - do you have a mirror handy? :grin:

They do really fit in with the theme well and add a lot to the ‘story’. Nice.

Hit another wall with the Conqueror. The regulator on my compressor has decided it has had enough. Was just turning down the pressure ready to start pre-shading and something went bang. The handle came off in my hand and parts Inside the handle have broken apart. As that is part of the whole lifting mechanism that regulates the flow and I can’t see any way of fixing it and still being able to properly adjust flow, a new part is in order.

Lets see how long it takes to get here…

1 Like

Those figures add a lot right away, you can almost hear them shout at eachother: Wie ist das passiert? Keine Ahnung, aber Heinz hatte gestern Schnaps gefunden…

1 Like

Mirror mirror on the wall… Says yes :joy:

Bummer about the compressor… Hope that gets sorted soon… An early Xmas pressie maybe ??

Thanks @Dioramartin and @bwilt for the encouragement and kind words, much appreciated guys :+1:

1 Like

I call this a necessity, not a nice to have. I found an Aussie supplier with them in stock, so I ordered one yesterday. I couldn’t wait til Christmas.

1 Like

Your build looks on the way to be a very good work, fully re creating the accident.
By the way this mishap is not the only only involving a large cat (Panther, Leopard)

1 Like

There are some epic fails by tank crews and falling off things or getting fully hull down bogged in, and its worth doing a google search and seeing the results.

1 Like

Had to break off the driver’s hatch and reglue it slightly raised as the tow rope would fit underneath it … Damn it lol

Also primed the figures as well.

And finally got around to making the muzzle cover/bag. It’s simply tissue brushed with PVA white glue and moulded around the muzzle … Will let it fully cure then paint it.

7 Likes

All nicely coming together John, :+1: :slightly_smiling_face:, glad the sawdust worked for you, it’s cheap, normally plentiful if you’ve been cutting wood, and you can make small batches of any colour you want, :slightly_smiling_face:.

I also agree with the others, the figures really add something to the whole, :+1: :slightly_smiling_face:.

G :beer:

Luckily we have the chippy shop on Station, so I just went in with a small tupperware container and filled it with sawdust from his bin. And yes, I really like the texture and feel it gives this and other scenes. its ideal and like say, able to take any colour you feel like mixing for it. Win win :+1:

1 Like

This was not the first use of the word chippy that came to mind and I got real worried about how much sawdust was in your fish supper.

6 Likes

Ever since Brexit the contents of a British sausage has been causing all sorts of issues,:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:.

G, :beer:

2 Likes

Oh god, we are talking about food… :hotdog:

No, they are talking British sausage… food is edible…

2 Likes

Harsh, very harsh… And I expect more from you Don @Canmedic … Don’t encourage him !!

2 Likes

These colonial types you know…

1 Like

Hey man, I’ve eaten in enough of her majesty’s mess halls. Sawdust is probably the least harmful thing I’ve eaten on a base.

2 Likes

Admittedly… There is some truth in that…:grin:

And to sing the praises of the Maple leaf boys… Going for breakfast at the Ledra palace hotel in Nicosia in the CanCon sector was the must thing to do on every patrol we went on…heavenly … I do miss that !!

1 Like

John, with each passing day, your project impresses me more and more. Congratulations. I look forward to its final appearance.
Kalin

1 Like

Thanks Kalin. I’m glad you’re enjoying it as it builds up. I’m just started to weather the Panther and apply some washes and pigments…more to follow :+1::+1:

Did some washes and added pigments to the Panther. Washes/filters used were the dark brown for NATO colours and OIF AK wash. Also used various MIG pigments and the track rust and a concoction I made up.

Can also now see where I need to add pigments to the inner wheels :see_no_evil:

Also did some minor chipping.

Have done a test shot from the other side so that can be seen now

Also one from the front showing the belly and more pigments to that and the first 3 or 4 inner wheels.

And the normal view.

The 3 figures are coming along ok, they really are basic compared to 95% I see done in the other threads or builds, but they are pretty much as good as I can do them… God I hate figures lol…

Will start getting the final details down on the base area, finish off the still water, add some grass and other vegetation and try the sawdust and green paint trick again…

9 Likes