Build A Photo 2 Campaign

My first impression and inclination is to go with the Vallejo color, but on the other hand the pictures of the well in Dioramartin’s post made me think that he knows his wood. The colors on the wood of the roof (if that’s the correct term) of the well is what you want to do

1 Like

Thanks guys, Vallejo Old Wood it is :+1: and hats off to you Tim @Dioramartin for that well, it looks superb and some beautiful tones on the wood …

I have done coat of Vallejo old wood on the top running boards for the collapsed bridge.

The grain on the balsa wood looks nice so next will be a black wash the I will sand it back a bit then start with the grey washes.

I also did a grey wash over the wood stain on the long support beams. I started with Tamiya neutral grey heavily thinned.

The 5 left had bits have the wash, the RH bits are just wood stain. I’m very happy how that is starting to look it’s taken the edge of the wood stain and the satin finish. Will finish the rest tomorrow and then do another wash on these and the running boards :+1::+1:

7 Likes

Those wood logs look great. :+1:

Looking good John.

Your work, shown here, John, is very good and captures the age of wood

John, you’re getting a lot of variation in the tones of the wood, which looks great. Keep going!

1 Like

Thanks @Tank_1812 , @SSGToms , @Armournovice & @petbat … Doing the wood tones is a nice learning curve for me… Not really tackled it before to this extent, but the advice from the guts has been a great help :+1::+1:

1 Like

Finished the first grey wash on all the support beams.
It has totally toned them down giving them an older worn look.

I have put the running boards in this as well as they have all been base coated now.

For the top running boards I have done a thinnish black wash to hopefully soak in and stain some of the deeper grain.
This shows one with just Vallejo old wood, and the others with the black wash.

This is just a close up showing the grain.
Fairly happy with how it’s going so far as it’s my first real serious attempt at a lot of wood in one scene.

6 Likes

The difference is clearly showing John
Very nice

1 Like

Are you ‘board’ with the decking yet John?

(Sorry could not resist. I’ll slap myself later…) :grin:

4 Likes

Nice work on the planking (doublechecks spelling, :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:) John, the dark wash certainly lifts the grain, great work, :+1: :slightly_smiling_face:.

G :beer:

1 Like

That black wash makes a big difference John, what an improvement!

1 Like

Cheers Matt, G and Gil, I am rather enjoying the process of getting realistic wood… It’s quite satisfying seeing the tones develop :+1:

1 Like

Nice to meet you everyone.
This is my project about Renault R35 with FCM turret.
It is based tamiya’s kit.
I scratchbuilt the turret.

7 Likes

That’s very nice work

1 Like

Looks great but you are missing the one photo that would have helped for the campaign.

5 Likes

Hi Itou, nice to meet you too, and congratulations on a great build, especially the scratched turret, very impressive job, :+1: :slightly_smiling_face:.

G :beer:

2 Likes

Welcome Itou, very nice scratch building with that turret…can you show it as it would be like the photo Ryan posted above ?

1 Like

I am confused John (burnt out today), it is his photo I was posting for him for the campaign from his build log.

He built it to the same vehicle number. Are you asking he add it to a small factory floor base?

3 Likes

Not really … But it would be good if he posted a pic himself of the built tank with some sort of reference, or at the end of the day, it’s just another tank… I think this is an old build from a while ago as I remember seeing when it was first posted.

Edit… Had Itou linked this from his build into this group build ? If he had then I missed it which was bad of me…so if it is his original picture you reposted … Then all’s good :+1::+1:

2 Likes