Build log BMP-1 dragon model

I am participating in upper topic, but would like to show my progress to you all independently.
Thank you for watching.

This 1/35 BMP-1 kit is a late 80’s product by dragon model. The parts are quite little.
The box was crushed and moldy on stack in shop, but it was not a discount price at all, still the set price.
Despite that, I chose this kit because I had a vivid memory of the box art that was displayed in a store in my hometown when I was a kid.

Here, I started to build the kit with a plan to do some easy additional work to enjoy the oldness of the kit better and to enjoy it at a lower cost without using PE.

Thanks for watching.

3 Likes

Brave man. Mine remains in the attic.

Don’t forget to add the fuel filler behind the ventilator. Even Trumpeter’s more recent and far more accurate rendition missed that…

2 Likes

@RLockie I second that, my version went into the bin.

1 Like

Robert,
Thank you for valuable indication .You mean here?
I want to make up for it with additional crafting after painting.
http://www.primeportal.net/apc/robert_de_craecker/bmp-1_east_german/index.php?Page=6

Yes, that’s it. The main fuel tank is on the vehicle centreline, between the rear seats, so right below that.

1 Like

Here’s a shot of the basic painting, with pre-shading to emphasize the surfaces that make up this vehicle. As a result, the camouflage is almost bland.

2 Likes

Reproduction of Syrian camouflage. The sand color with a slight orange tint is painted over basic green color, used a kneaded eraser for the masking pattern. I’m trying to paint the color faded and tarnished from long years.

1 Like

And I took a break from painting for a few months to concentrate on my work. But, recently, dust is reproduced by pigments and the rust taste is floating. Finally, it’s finished.

3 Likes

Nice work!

1 Like

Very cool.

1 Like

Very nice
I have one to build but I’m not ispired… can you list me your modification?

1 Like

Thanks for your watching! Its really pleasure.
In my case, it had be performed the mods with the following priorities.

1. Replace the engine-grill with mesh(nylon).
  2. Make the shape of the gun-shield more correct shape
  3. Make the front light guard to sharpen.
  4. Sharpen the exhaust plate and the rear mudguard
  5. Add light-cable for the turret
  6. Add glasses for periscope

I did these mods with junk parts, plastic plates and sticks instead of EP to do this at a cheap cost, but using aftermarket product is also a good idea. However, almost these are for Trumpeter’s product and may not fit perfectly, I guess.

http://defmodel.com/catalog/htm/dm35038.html

You may find more products by searching for BMP-1 as well as BMP-2 parts.

thank you for the support
now I have to found a nice version to do…

1 Like