Build log BMP-1 dragon model

I am participating in upper topic, but would like to show my progress to you all independently.
Thank you for watching.

This 1/35 BMP-1 kit is a late 80’s product by dragon model. The parts are quite little.
The box was crushed and moldy on stack in shop, but it was not a discount price at all, still the set price.
Despite that, I chose this kit because I had a vivid memory of the box art that was displayed in a store in my hometown when I was a kid.

Here, I started to build the kit with a plan to do some easy additional work to enjoy the oldness of the kit better and to enjoy it at a lower cost without using PE.

Thanks for watching.

3 Likes

Brave man. Mine remains in the attic.

Don’t forget to add the fuel filler behind the ventilator. Even Trumpeter’s more recent and far more accurate rendition missed that…

2 Likes

@RLockie I second that, my version went into the bin.

1 Like

Robert,
Thank you for valuable indication .You mean here?
I want to make up for it with additional crafting after painting.

Yes, that’s it. The main fuel tank is on the vehicle centreline, between the rear seats, so right below that.

1 Like

Here’s a shot of the basic painting, with pre-shading to emphasize the surfaces that make up this vehicle. As a result, the camouflage is almost bland.

2 Likes

Reproduction of Syrian camouflage. The sand color with a slight orange tint is painted over basic green color, used a kneaded eraser for the masking pattern. I’m trying to paint the color faded and tarnished from long years.

1 Like

And I took a break from painting for a few months to concentrate on my work. But, recently, dust is reproduced by pigments and the rust taste is floating. Finally, it’s finished.

3 Likes

Nice work!

1 Like

Very cool.

1 Like

Very nice
I have one to build but I’m not ispired… can you list me your modification?

1 Like

Thanks for your watching! Its really pleasure.
In my case, it had be performed the mods with the following priorities.

1. Replace the engine-grill with mesh(nylon).
  2. Make the shape of the gun-shield more correct shape
  3. Make the front light guard to sharpen.
  4. Sharpen the exhaust plate and the rear mudguard
  5. Add light-cable for the turret
  6. Add glasses for periscope

I did these mods with junk parts, plastic plates and sticks instead of EP to do this at a cheap cost, but using aftermarket product is also a good idea. However, almost these are for Trumpeter’s product and may not fit perfectly, I guess.

http://defmodel.com/catalog/htm/dm35038.html

You may find more products by searching for BMP-1 as well as BMP-2 parts.

thank you for the support
now I have to found a nice version to do…

1 Like