Building a 1/16th. Greyhound with Value Gear Stowage

I’m finally starting this build , I was waiting for the Value Gear Stowage , it is quite nice and a great value at $30 plus only $5 for shipping.
Here are the Box art and Stowage parts Pics.
I’ll be starting the assembly shortly.

Regards
Donald

15 Likes

Good to see you tackle another one Donald. I’m undecided whether or not to get this particular kit, I have a feeling your build will be persuasive.

Keith

2 Likes

I have no problems so far , If you do get it Value Gear has 2 Stowage sets for it. I’m going to use the one shown above with the spare tire. If you want them the price is very reasonable and you can get them from Andy or from the maker.

1 Like

Ok mow for the start of the build which I know all of you have been waiting for.

I’m doing the build this way to make it all simpler to do, I hope it helps.
Regards
Donald

13 Likes

Another great big scale build Donald, I will be following along. Thanks for taking us with you.

1 Like

Looks great. What version are you building, “early” or"late"? The reason in asking is about the instrument panel. Its not clearly marked in the instructions. I have the same as you, and will start in a week or so. Looking forward to seeing how yours will turn out. Good Hunting!

1 Like

I’m not Shure which one is early or late ,I think that I’ll do the one with the Mg. Ring and Mines stored on the outside between the front and rear wheels’
Regards
Donald

2 Likes

Thanks. I went

to Andys Hobbies and saw this. I hope this helps.

5 Likes

Nice but a little more info. would help , like where it’s available , Who makes it , How much it costs ?
Regards
Donald

1 Like

I got mine from Andys Hobby Headquarters. I got mine as a pre-order. It cost me $99.00 dollars Amercan. I belive they are available world wide. Good Hunting!

2 Likes

Nah for me that’s way too much money for something that will most likely be barely seen .
Regards
Donald

2 Likes

Notoo sure kn the reply. Thats already in the kit. There are two options(an early and late). It can be seen if the hatches are left opens. Regardless, have a great build.

1 Like

I have the insides painted.

Don’t know how accurate it is , but Hey it’s just a model.
Regards
Donald

6 Likes

I have the Lower Hull Shell assembled.

I like to do the Main Structure first, that way the small parts don’t keep on
getting broken and lost.
Regards
Donald

9 Likes

Some more done.

The inside View Port Mech.

The outside

Instrument Panel , a little crooked but oh well I tried.

Now for some Pics. I found on the net.

Well I’m finished for a while.
Regards
Donald

9 Likes

Just a little more finished.

the Canteen and water can from the parts box , they aren’t in the kit.
Regards
Donald

6 Likes

I thought this was 1:1 :star_struck:

5 Likes

Just 1/16th. scale

2 Likes

I have the Upper and Lower Hull parts Joined the seams were very good except for the ones on the side storage projections.

Nothing a little putty won’t fix.

Now it’s on to the road parts , you know wheels suspension Etc.
Regards
Donald

8 Likes

I have the front Axle assembled and installed , The only problem I had with it is I think some of the steering parts were molded wrong. It’s hard to explain but
there were plastic molded where it wasn’t suppose to be and some missing where it should have been. I don’t know , Maby I just screwed it up .
Well anyway I managed to get it together.
Here is how I somehow got it together.

Now this is important , The Shocks have to be built as a mirrored pair with the pointy part of the mount pointing down and the top hole positioned to go on the pin where the axle U bolts secure the axle to the Springs.
I hope you can understand what I’m trying to say.
Regards
Donald

5 Likes