Building a 1/16th. Greyhound with Value Gear Stowage

Now for the rear parts.

Well that was long.
Finished for now.
Donald

6 Likes

Donald, you’ve made the interior look fantastic! Very sweet!

Really appreciate you sharing the build.
A+++

3 Likes

I’m glad that you like it, but you haven’t seen anything yet.
Regards
Donald

2 Likes

Looking good overall. Did you add the pedals for the driver?

That is the transfer case.

2 Likes

Very nice work so far. Looks like there were two different iterations of the instruments panel. As for the speedo, I wouldn’t sweat it, They didn’t get the decal right in any case. 80 mph!

1 Like

I recently got my hands on the 1/35 version of the M20 Armored Car; truly itching to get the 1/35 M8 to have the duo together. Both Tamiya. This one will be a good thread for references until I get my hands on the 1/16 scale one. :smiley:

4 Likes

Following this build, looks great, but wayyyy to big for me, I’m out of shelf space now! lol, but I’d love a full set of decals for a WW2 3d Cavalry M8

3 Likes

Just the Gas Pedal .
Not too much today.
I think I am going to build it without the rear fenders, for something different.

Maby I’ll get more finished tomorrow.
Donald

5 Likes

A little more done today.

Next the paint shop for the Hull and Wheels.
Regards
Donald

7 Likes

Well I finally got the Hull and wheels painted & the wheels installed.
Here is how I did it.

I’ll be working on the Turret next.
Regards
Donald

7 Likes

Some more finished .

Working on the Mg. Ring next.
Regards Donald

6 Likes

I also bought this kit on pre-order from Andy’s HHQ, and have not started it yet. I was surprised to read above that both brake and clutch pedals didn’t make the trip, as well as at least one fuel/water can.

1 Like

I believe the ammo rack is also missing. I haven’t seen it above or in the instructions online. I think it’s supposed to be behind the driver. Was that added/removed during the production run?

1 Like

The Ammo rack is built in on one side between the Wheels , There are 2 ready racks that go on the inside of the Turret Shell. I haven’t got that far , I’m having a hard time getting the 50cal. Mg. ring to fit right. The mount spots just don’t want to line up
As you can see above I have done the Turret basket separate from the Turret Shell for painting purposes .
The Turret will be Olive Drab and the Basket white.
I plan on doing the ready racks separate with the AMMO then install at the finish.
The Water can that i used is from the 1/16th. Sherman.
Regards
Donald

2 Likes

Thanks Donald. :+1::+1:

1 Like

I think that I finally figured out the 50Cal. Mg. Ring Mount, here is what I have.

The instructions aren’t very clear here.

I test fitted the Value Gear parts , I must have put the mounts for the Ring correctly as the Value Gear fit perfectly.

It/s not jlued down wet as I still have a lot to do, but it’s moving along.
Regards
Donald

8 Likes

Nice catch on the .50 cal mount assy.

1 Like

I haven’t got to it yet to show that there should be a space of 12mm. between the top of the Turret shell and the bottom of the Gun Ring. This space is needed to fit the Value Gear parts. Of course if you aren’t using them then it can be smaller, but not bigger.
Regards
Donald

1 Like

I have some more finished.
First the 50Cal. Mg. It doesn’t look to bad from a distance but up close I’m not to happy with it.

For the Footman Loops I found it helps to drill the spots where you are using them, it looks better.

Now I get to the Ready Rounds, They worked ok.

Here they are mounted in place.

The Basket installed.

There’s a ring that goes on the bottom edge of the turret , I’m not shure what it’s fore.

While searching on the net I found this.

From pictures I have seen some M8s with them and some without.
I don’t know if this is correct or not.
This build is starting to get very frustrating for me.
Regards
Donald

8 Likes

I’m doing the detailing and installing all the accessories, Here is the Value Gear cleaned up and painted.

The rest of the small parts.

Regards
Donald

6 Likes