Building a Scud on Tracks (2017 Build) 188 Pics

Here’s one that’s rather strange.

More tomorrow.
Donald

12 Likes

I always wanted to do this one.

2 Likes

Looking forward to following another interesting build!

1 Like

No, it’s just old. Thats the original version of the SCUD/Launcher before the wheeled version.
Ken

2 Likes

For some unforgivable reason this one is not in my stash. Note to self: get one!

Well done Donald, this will, I’m sur , be very useful. Thanks for making the effort.

1 Like

Interesting Transport/Erector Unit. I always though the R-17 Elbrus/Scud-B missile launch unit was wheeled.

Apparently, I was wrong.

1 Like

No, the tracked one was a fair bit earlier; distributed throughout the Warsaw Pact I think - certainly the East Germans had them.

Roco Minitanks did a pretty decent one back in the day in 1:87 - quite an exquisite little model:

Herpa - Roco Mini-Tanks Soviet Union/Warsaw Pact - Armored Vehicles - SCUD A Tracked Missile Launcher - 326-741330

I think I must have been around 12 when it came out - but even back then, political naïf that I was, Soviet kit was both sinister yet attractive.

(filched off the www)

3 Likes

Yep, I did the Roco kit back in the 80s. Very well detailed for 1/87.
Ken

2 Likes

Just a little Track Work today.

Finish for today.
Regards
Donald

7 Likes

I’m building one of these Trumpy kits, myself.

I’m sensing that you’ve already completed yours and are now posting up the SBS-in-progress photos you’ve already taken.

However, just in case you are still working on the project, here’s a bit of research / reference that I’ve done up to help me with my own SCUD 2P19 TEL:

Modeler’s Guide to SCUD Missile Cable and Hose Connections

I’ll look forward to seeing more of your build as you post your updates!

3 Likes

Sorry this was a build of mine from 2017.
I’m going through all of my builds alphabetically at least the ones I managed to recover.
I still have about 18 more to go , that is why I put the build date in the title.
Regards
Donald

2 Likes

All grist to the mill Donald - keep at it!

1 Like

And so it goes.

Continued tomorrow
Donald

4 Likes

#35 is a fantastic looking instrument/control panel, shame it’s mostly hidden away. Half dozen resin copies would have many uses for sci-fi modeling.

1 Like

More

More Tomorrow
Regards
Donald

4 Likes

Continuing on.

More Tomorrow
Donald

5 Likes

continuing.

More tomorrow
Regards
Donald

6 Likes

Thanks for the step-by-step on the light guards. Excellent work!

1 Like

That will be a great help !
I’m currently building mine.
So far I’m still working on the interior parts and the top hull details

Anyway , thanks for the link !

2 Likes

I have to say that this is a very useful aide mémoire, but a very complex model that’s for sure (talking of rockets I have a Scrooge awaiting my attention, but this particular Scud appears complex enough!)

2 Likes