Building Takoms 1/16th Jeep

Sorry it’s too late. I based the wire on the model on some pics. I found on the Net.
Maby this will help someone else , I’ll just keep the Hood down.
Thank You.
Donald

Added some cables and hold downs to the Battery then painted the Frame & Front Fenders.

This may not be accurate but it’s a lot of fun and you meet some nice people
Donald

6 Likes

Nice job on the battery hold down.

I’m sure most people don’t know how the plug wires are routed. I think it looks great.

3 Likes

One helped. :+1:

1 Like

Arch-Stanton is probably right; most won’t see anything wrong with the wiring. Who knows what the guys in the Motor Pool might have been up to when under stress. Looks great.

THANK YOU
Donald

2 Likes

And this should help, too. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I shure could use that on my next 1/16th. Sherman.
I’m going with the 50cal. on the Jeep.
Oh by the way where can I get the 30cal. guns.
Donald

3 Likes

PM me for more details. Designed in the USA, 3D printed by me in my basement in the USA. Haha

4 Likes

My 3D adventure thread here: 3D prints and CADs Part 2 - by petition2God

1 Like

Here I assembled the body after filling the push-pin marks , and there were some big ones in the wheel wells.

Here it’s test fitted to the frame. (no problem here)

Now to add some small parts to it then painting.
Regards
Donald

8 Likes

Nice work Donald. That is a nice Jeep by Takom.

I’ve seen several modelers forget to paint the seat back cushion attachment flaps. All three had flaps on the upper edge, which snapped into friction tabs. The driver and front passenger seat back cushions also had flaps on the sides. See below

2 Likes

Coming on nicely. Just a quick question if its okay. What are your opinion on the Modeltrend wheels? I was sadly disappointed with the ones I got. Tyres seem far to square in profile so I went with the kit ones. I think sag on radial tyres is minimal anyway if not overloaded.

Rgds Keith

I agree I have a set but i’m not going to use them.
The markings on the sidewalls are rather disappointing
They look too square on the tire edge.
I’m not too shure about the scale of a lot of their parts,
I ordered 3 sets of their Gurtsacks (German Ammo Bags) in 1/16th.
scale they look more like 1/6 th scale
Regards
Donald/

2 Likes

Yes I ended up filing mine in file 13 myself. I think some things are still best cast and not 3d printed TBH. Live and learn. I’ll definately follow your build though

2 Likes

3D Modeltrend stuff is mostly crap. I wish DEF Models would do a set of tires for this Jeep.

2 Likes

I am also available to CAD and 3D print them. I am pretty confident that mine will be much more accurate than FC modelturd. Haha

4 Likes

I think a smart man might have mentioned it a time or two before.

If you could do a version with snow chains as the SOL option doesn’t look quite right to me that would be awesome. Jest saying.

2 Likes

If you did a set with the nomenclature and Firestone logo on the sides, I’d buy it!

2 Likes