Building the 1/16th. Trumpeter Jagdpanther

Glad you like it, I’m trying.

Have the Ammo racks cleaned up with the small parts installed and everything painted white.

Working on the AMMO next.

3 Likes

Finished the AMMO

6 Likes

Ammo is looking great, it will add a lot of “character” to the interior. :+1: :+1:

Have the AMMO installed , You have to start at the firewall and work your way forward.

Working on the radios next.
The instructions have you install the box in Pic 78 earlier, don’t
The frame WG20 must be installed first then the box up against it

4 Likes

The last batch of images (ammo racks) look damn near 1:1 scale in detail. A light wash is really going to bring the detail to view.

1 Like

Have the Radios installed , didn’t fit realy good . I had to trim the bottom radio mounts to get it in. I have a lot of questions on the layout of the ammo and other fixtures.
Jagdpanther 79

5 Likes

Have the Driver controlls installed , man were they tricky.
To get them in I had to trim off most of the end pins and cut the shaft in half to get it installed. The shaft is way too long. It looks a little screwy to me , and I don’t see how they could drive this thing .

4 Likes

it does look an odd set up with the tillers, but really just a different technique to steering with how they are set up. Not sure if they would pull up or push down to steer ?

And with that very nice ammo installed it is looking very very good on the inside now.

I have the Gun assembled temporialy and ready for painting.

The Gun is 18 inches long fronmMuzzle break to Shell casing stop

The Breach Block can ne open or closed, and a shell may be inserted.
Now to paint and detail it.

3 Likes

Oh, I love that!
Ken

Mostly finished the interior, maby a little more detailing later.

Working on the wheels next.
Regards
Donald

4 Likes

The Wheels, Idler, & Drive Sprockets are installed.
(NOTE) I glued a short length of Sprue to the pins for the Sprockets, that way I could assemble them before installing. Just break off the sprue after they are installed.

4 Likes

The Track and spares are assembled ready for painting.

I used the cleats every 3rd. shoe as I’m planning on finishing thes kit in a ambush Camo.
The Tracks will be reversed to make a quick exit easier.
I had some extra track from Trumpeters 1/16th. Panther, so I drilled the ends on the spare track and used the pins there.
This kits track is assembled by using two different pins on each side.
I don’t know why Trumpeter changed the track, but with this set you get cleats and not on the older track
Regards
Donald

6 Likes

The Track is painted and weathered a little , more later.

It still needs a little rust and dust.
Regards.
Donald

4 Likes

The Tracks are installed with a little rust.

6 Likes

Very impressive work Donald, you’re doing a great good job of selling this kit to me – will be interested to hear your overall review when done. Suggestion - I believe the mounts either side of the radio were made of rubber as shock-absorbers, i.e blackish.

The Gun is installed .

I trimmed about 1/16" off the back edge , I’m building so the Model may be dis-assembled easily.if not trimmed the gun could lock into the base mount.
You can’t see this area easily anyway.

5 Likes

Looking really good … tracks and inside are very nicely detailed. Super work Donald :+1:

Everything is all closed up ready for the Camo. Paint

6 Likes