Building the 1/16th. Trumpeter Jagdpanther

Camo is finished , Ambush Style

Now for all the little bits and details.

6 Likes

All Finished.

4 Likes

Take apart Pics.

8 Likes

Just some Thoughts.
#1 Most important, Fill all the Ammo Rack holes in the Sponson floors.
The holes are for the Panther Ausf. G kit.
#2On the Transmission Mount the side discs to the side units and trim off most of the tabs on the center section. This will enable slipping the center section between them.
#3Use a straight edge on the angled parts of the ammo racks alighning them with the edge of the sponsons. The racks protrude into the centers oh the hull space slightly.
#4 I used Eureka XXL 1.5mm Cable for the Tow Cables, the kit supplied ones don’t fit the ends and are way too flexable.

I’ll answer any questionsif I can.
This kit is very Dificult

3 Likes

I found the missing part on Pic #47 It is Part #WL18
These parts aren’t on the instruction sheet

Regards Donald

Hello.I got 2 questions.First,is the zimmerit to put on the model at the beginning,or could it be done when the build is finished?I want to start building and the zimmerit from Atak is not finished.2.,do you know if there are any figures?I want a crew,I can’t find figures

I put the zimmerit on the upper hull first adjusting to go around the gun mount (see early Pics.)
on the lower hull trim to go arround any fittings.
The zimmerit I used was designed for the Tamiya kit. It will fit here Go by whatI have posted here.
If you use any other order well good luck
Regards
Donald

For figures I don’t know , I am lousy with them

The problem is, that the Atak-Set still is “coming soon”, no idea, how long it takes,and I want to start.But there is enough to do without need the zimmerit,so I do this first.That’s why I want to buy the later version of the jagdpanther,there is no need of zimmerit,but it also “coming soon”

The coming soon , depends upon where you ordered it from.
I was just to their (Atak) website , to me it looks like they are going out of business.
From what I can see the main difference between the Early & Late Jagdpanthers were the Gun Mount mantlet.
You could just leave off the Zimmerit and do a Jagdpanther from before they switched the Gun mounts.
There are probably some Pics. out there.
Regards
Donald

Since some days something’s wrong with the Atak-Website.I thougt,that the zimmerit for the jagdpanther is still in work.We will see.Thank’s for the informations

Ok, I’m gonna be “that guy” :smiling_face: Actually there is more difference between the early and late than just the gun mantlet. The big one was the rear deck, it had the raised crew compartment heater, and different air grates. Because of this the deck dimensions were different. This in turn affected the angles and lines of the main superstructure. While not a huge difference, it is noticeable when you know what to look for. There are other smaller differences, but those are the big ones.

Your build looks very nice Donald!

3 Likes

And I learn something today.
Donald

1 Like

Maybe I try to make the zimmerit with putty.I saw some tutorials and it looks not extremely difficult,but looks very good

1 Like

Is it right that the parts from the first seven steps are not to see later?In the painting guide it looks so,but I’m not sure.I mean all the parts under the driver place,motor

1 Like

I didn’t follow the steps in the instructions so I’m not shure what you are asking about.
Sorry
Donald

1 Like

It’s not easy to me to write in english,I hope it’s not so hart for you to read.I mean the parts at the bottom,for the suspension of the wheels.I saw the other reports of your buildings,really like them

1 Like

Just a little note.
Trumpeter has a late one comimg.
Donald

2 Likes

Not really interested , one is enough.
On a side note if your interested Attak models have a zimmerit set desighed for the Trumpeter early kit.
I saw it on their website atakmodel.istore.pl.

1 Like

Yes, it’s finished now. Can’t be a long time, two weeks ago it was not ready to sell, then I did’nt take a look on their webside. Now I ordered it 5 minutes ago, I’m happy about that.
I watch this building-report often the last days/weeks and so I will do the next, still helped me answering some questions

Hello Donald
How are you? I got a question, maybe it should be clear, but I want to be sure. The set of the atak zimmerit arrived and the first step of the build should be fix the zimmerit as far as possible, right?