Building the MAN 7t Dump Truck from Hobbyboss

This will deal with the building of HobbyBoss`MAN dump truck kit. I identified some flaws after checking the sprues.

7 Likes

Look forward to seeing your progress. :+1:

First a “nasty” surprise. Massive knockout marks on the dumpbody.

Will require a filling and sanding “orgy” :confused:

First major correction. While building the frame the “Black Hole under my Bench” (BHumB) aka Carpet Monster sucked in the rear cross member.

After checking my files I found out that the rear end of the frame is different between dumper and cargo version. But a new part was quickly build. Compared with the 5 ton truck, HB made some improvements to the frame. Now going to the axle assemblies.

3 Likes

Potential load options

Panzerkekse

HohlplattenbrĂĽcke

Medium Grider Bridge

I noticed that HB forgot to add the pioneer tools, but this should be easy to correct.
Interesting combo.

MAN 15t UTF truck, 7t dumper with trailer and wheeled loader.

4 Likes

More progress:

4 Likes

For those massive knockouts, I would be more inclined to use Evergreen Clear .005" sheet. Cut to fit the rectangles, and ultra thin, it shouldn’t effect the fit of parts that attach underneath much. By using the clear, you can also see where the locator holes are for those parts that fit underneath and cut open the locations where needed.

1 Like

Since it´s an engineer truck, the sanding can be covered with a good amount of dirt.

THAT´s weathring!

4 Likes

Found that the winch is missing the cable spool. No worry, I turned me one from resin.

4 Likes

Just found out that the kit misses the hydraulic reservoir. It will take some time to get informations on this.

Axles installed

Corrections on the rear crossmember complete

This old RoG Easy Kit Liebherr loader may go with the dumper

Some small errors in the cab

4 Likes

Sure seems to be racking up the errors. Nothing horrible yet, hydraulic reservoir information pending. Your build it looking good.

That’s a great idea. I was wondering if there was a self leveling thin filler, and just pour enough to fill all of them at once??

THIS is why I love modeling Armor. “Just put dirt on it” doesn’t work when you screw up a panel line on an aircraft wing.

After a friend gave me the required pics, I used the sunday morning to make the reservoir.

The FUN part will be laying all the hydraulic lines. That what I like about our military designs. “What can be done complex, will be done complex”

4 Likes

Laying hydraulic lines is FUN.

2 Likes

After HB announced th 10t truck I wonder if and how they will tackle the crane hydraulics.

2 Likes

So improvemernts on the cab:
Interior light and A/C nozzle

First Aid Kit and Windshield washer reservoir

Separate drivers headrest.

HB could have been a better job here. PE safety belts from Eduard will added later.

3 Likes

Minor progress on the interior

Added seatbelts from Eduard plus a scratch-build parking brake.

Dashoard with decals. The colored lamps are from RoG kit, way better than HB decals.

4 Likes

Finally finshed the hydraulic tank and lines.

The bracket on the right frame is for the air dryers, a feature that has been forgotten by HB.

3 Likes