Bulgarian WWII Campaign

Hi Kaan,

As John @Johnnych01 said, this Campaign revolves around military hardware of Bulgarian Army used/obtained during WWII. So a WHIF Bulgarian E-100 doesn’t fit here, but as John mentioned- it will suit the What If Campaign run by Jesper @SGTJKJ very well!

Cheers,
Angel

1 Like

A job well done, Peter!

I highly appreciate the extra mile of adding an engine and opening the hood.The Steyr looks really the part!

One small suggestion though-you should have used the Red colour registration plates, not the Black ones.

All Bulgarian military vehicles- regardless whether @Johnnych01 tanks, trucks or cars- wore registration plates with red digits.
Black digit registration plates were only used with conscripted(civilian) vehicles.

Cheers,
Angel

4 Likes

@AmateurScaleModeller, An E-100 would fit excellent in the “Sci-fi and alternative history” campaign. You can find it here:

Sci-Fi Campaign

Peter, excellent result! Great work on the engine! You should be proud of this one!

4 Likes

I definitely like this! Great job Jesper.
The weathering on the machine is exactly to my taste. Congratulations!
Kalin

2 Likes

Well done, Peter!
I watch it and enjoy your work. I was waiting to see it painted, and I think you have achieved a very good balance.
Congratulations!
Kalin

2 Likes

Several times in the campaign a topic about Bulgarian planes is opened and for this reason I allow myself to upload a photo of a model made by our friend.

Messerschmitt Bf-109E4
So far there is not only a board number, but it will appear. If this will pique your interest … I will be happy.
Kalin

6 Likes

Definitely Kalin, it looks great.

I will be trying to get the decals on my Panther shortly… Fingers crossed

1 Like

I look forward to the sequel, John. Good luck.

1 Like

Kalin,

Great looking bird. :+1:

1 Like

Arrgh… I went by the black ones in the illustration with the white square… Should not be too hard to fix I hope.

1 Like

I believe so!

You can use the black digits for the Simca 5/Fiat Topollino.The tiny car might be conscripted, but its reg. plate number is civilian for sure.

Cheers,
Angel

1 Like

Yeah,
The silent master (Mr. Colonel)…

I’m sure he’ll again find some delicate excuse to not bring this splendid Emil to the next show event…

:beer:
Angel

John!

My only advice- take a deep breath and press the Print button!

Should anything go unexpected- PM me the size you need and some info where to ship to,

Fingers crossed!
Cheers,
Angel

Kalin,

Tell your friend that’s a very sharp looking 109. I really like the yellow striping, that’s a hard colour to pull off.

2 Likes

Microscopic rings attached to hang helmets on :smile:

4 Likes

Good lord man! :microscope:

Also I love that paint colour!

Thanks, Don. Getting close to the finish line now. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Well… It didn’t go to bad … Well in my head anyway lol…

From this angle the reg plate looks flat, but it does follow the contours of the ridges on the bin. Those decals were printed on clear decal paper and I painted the white oblong first. Then used micro set and sol.

LH red star on white backed decal paper. There are a few little scrapes along the edges and may try and touch those up or just pretend they are scratches…

And below is the RH turret star.

I have to now start the detail painting and then weathering, washes and a filter…
All in all, pretty happy with how it looks.

6 Likes

Looking good guys.

John, I just took Angel’s fantastic little .pdf off the local print works and got them to print them off on 2 sheets of nice glossy paper. Easy to cut out, etc, and great for actual plates.

I also just worked out that you can carefully, separate the ply of the paper, shave the back with a scalpel blade and end up with a really… ahem… paper thin little plate. A swipe of PVA on the back and you’re good to go. Covering it with a good coat of varnish like you would any decal should preserve it.

In the top pic, you can just see the red colour on the other side, I just did this a little roughly for a demo:

I have just glued this one on some scrap, when the PVA is dry, we can see what it looks like down.

3 Likes

Dang it Bobby! So nice it made me get the Tamiya version last night at the club build night. :+1:

3 Likes