Canadian M113 TUA

Hey @sgtchuck Did the launches on the TUA leak any hydraulic fluids or anything? Or did any parts of it get particularly dirty and weathered?

It’s been over 25 years the last time I used the tow under armor during my military career
I don’t remember everything
from memory the turret was electric so no hydraulic fluid
the only fuel leaks from the diesel tanks during filling with gerry can
the dust accumulated on the spills

2 Likes

no package or ration etc was attached to the outside of the vehicle to prevent it from being stolen by the civilian population when we crossed the village

Im thinking of maybe adding a helmet painted UN blue and a pair of sunglasses, would they ever get left when dismounting for a minute or anything? I think it could add a splash of color to the pretty much all white vehicle.

4 Likes

Awesome those pics are perfect! That Canadian and UN flag on the antenna looks really cool, I’m definitely doing that on my TUA!

the first photo
me on a m113tua in bivouac at the airport of tuzla for the night we slept next to our vehicle under a tarp attached to the m113
2nd Sarajevo Airport around June 1993
3rd m113 of the pioneer kiseljak
4th m113 of recce
5th and 7th m113 at visoko
6th m113 in front of Fojnica hospital
with that you have a good idea for weathering

2 Likes

Does anyone would know why would they put brake lights under the head lights in the front of those vehicles? It makes me curious to see if this feature is only on UN vehicles or most M113. TIA

Mike

Canadian vehicles have turn signals front and back. those are turn signals under the headlights.

1 Like

I guess Canadians are such polite drivers, they even signal before turning left or right on the battlefield… :rofl:

2 Likes

Buenas tardes desde España, con este trasto estoy…muchas gracias por las fotos,intentare replicar alguno de ellos, con alguna licencia poetica por mi parte.
Un saludo y gracias, Jose.

4 Likes

¡bienvenido! Buen trabajo limpio hasta ahora. Gracias por compartir.
“Poetic license” is how many of us get by.

1 Like

Just for kicks, I’ll share mine too, then:

I built this twenty years ago (the photos above are dated 3 February 2004) with a Tamiya hull plus the Verlinden conversion set, a mostly scratchbuilt roof and bins because Verlinden made a right hash of those, an Academy commander’s hatch, and (not in these photos yet) Elite Models Diehl tracks. Those are the same as what AFV Club sells as well, but as I had a set of the first production run, the holes in the end connectors were slightly undersize, which meant drilling out two holes in each connector so that the pins would actually go in …

Painting isn’t exactly up to my current standards, though:

6 Likes

te quedo muy bien, guauuuuu… El mio sera bastante parecido pero espero estar a tu altura…
Un saludo desde España. Jose.

1 Like

That’s a great build of the Canadian TUA

Cheers,
Ralph

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like