Carrier Crossing 2, Honey I Shrunk The Diorama

Miss your work G , glad to see you back at it .
Nice project , looking good !!

1 Like

Thanks to John and Glenn for their kind words, they’re much appreciated.

Not been away Glenn, I’ve been hard at it on another braille scale A4 diorama…well what passes for hard work in my world, :wink:, just hiding away in a railway group build (see images below).

It’s not yet quite finished, but have reached that stage where progress is very slow…it’s called figure building/painting, :roll_eyes:.

G, :beer:

12 Likes

Hi all,

Finished rough scribing the other side of the bridge (upstream elevation).

Cheers, :beer:,

G

7 Likes

Have you thought about adding some surface structure to the individual stones?

Hi Robin, yes, I’ll be roughing them up, a bit like the effect on the stone warehouse in the quayside images posted above, :slightly_smiling_face:. I tend to get the rough scribing done and primed so I can better see where I’m going to add additional texture, :slightly_smiling_face:.

2 Likes

Nice scribe work on that bridge!!! The waterfront scene well that is just nuts good. I love the weeds drifting with the current,etc. Loads of great details. Achievement level=Boss.
J

I feel so embarrassed by my totally feeble use of DAS on my Stillbrew Dio, which in reality was just some lumps pushed into mounds lol… Then I look at that bridge above… You really do work some magic with that stuff G :+1:

Ha….much better then my attempts. G is a true DAS savant.

1 Like

G , never saw the harbor build before , now that’s cool !!!

1 Like

Incredibly impressive !!
I like the idea and fantastic job with the bridge / Micke

1 Like

Thanks to Jerry, John, Ryan, Glenn and Mikael for the kind words, your support is much appreciated chaps, :+1: :slightly_smiling_face:.

Hi all,

Some basic colour plus individually coloured stones and a ‘road surface’ added.

Also started to add the first layer of landscaping, the grass is dyed teddy bear fur, the first few pictures of it untrimmed.

And the next few are of it with a basic hair(bear) cut.

And here with the bridge slotted in place to give an idea of how it might look when finished.

Cheers, :beer:,

G

11 Likes

What did the Teddy Bear say?
:wink:

2 Likes

Only cut off the bear-necessities, :wink:.

2 Likes

Looks really good G, great start. And no more of those Bear-ly funny jokes !! and get back to the rail road dio !!

1 Like

Lookin’ great buddy!
J

1 Like

Yogi’s, or should that be you guys, and your bear jokes, comments like that are going to cause one hell-of-a-baloo, :wink: :roll_eyes:.

1 Like

Thanks Jerry, your support and feedback is always appreciated, :slightly_smiling_face:.

Needles bear-slaughter, just for a dio? :face_holding_back_tears:
What a very original idea… I used it’s innards for smoke, you the fur for grass. What else can we use??? :thinking:

Starting to look very good, again…

1 Like

I give up

2 Likes