Carrier Crossing 2, Honey I Shrunk The Diorama

Smoke? Grass?, don’t the two go together? Erwin, maybe we could use bears for smuggling, :thinking: :wink:.

Thanks for the positive feedback, :slightly_smiling_face:.

G, :beer:

Me, I don’t smoke at all! :slight_smile:
I mean this:

5 Likes

Nice painting of the bridge and I like the job with the environment

1 Like

Nice work G!

1 Like

This has become the epicenter of “Dad jokes”.
J

2 Likes

Thanks to Mikael and Erik for their positive feedback, especially coming from two such talented modellers, :slightly_smiling_face:.

1 Like

Hi all,

Hope everyone had a great easter, and enjoyed over indulging on suitable chocolate goodies, :slightly_smiling_face:.

Not much progress over the break, but managed to get a bit more colour on the bridge, scribe the stonework for the ford and give it a wash of colour.

The bridge is just slotted in for the moment, so there will be gaps showing.

Cheers, :beer:,

G

7 Likes

Beautiful G , and not a billy goat or troll in sight .
Love the color and wash work !!

2 Likes

Great progress :+1: G, the wash and colours give the bridge and ford a proper aged look… Really nice :+1:

1 Like

Taking copious notes as I begin a project involving a stream.
J

1 Like

Thank you to Glenn, John and Jerry for their positive feedback, :slightly_smiling_face:.

John, do I have to call you ‘Sir’ or ‘touch one’s forelock’…and that isn’t a euphemism, in case anyone was wondering, :laughing:…now you’re a Patron, :wink:.

1 Like

Hi all,

Managed to spend a few hours today working on the ‘road’ surface of the bridge. I’ve added a few puddles and the first layer of grass.

I’ve also started to add some algal/moss growth on what will be the ‘north’ wall of the bridge.

Whilst playing around with the bridge in-situ I realised that it would be fiddly to do any real work under it once installed, so have started to create the riverbed beneath the arch. This should allow me to insert it into position with the minimum of blending, then I simply let the ‘water’ flow beneath it.

And just to reassure John that this one will feature some armour, these arrived today, :wink:.

Cheers, :beer:,

G

8 Likes

Looks great G. :+1:

1 Like

G that ground work is stunning. I’m really digging to moss on the side of the bridge.

1 Like

Really good work with the road and the side of the bridge

1 Like

Awesome, good to see you back at it, G-man, awesome! I never saw the village dock area build either. More pics, please :wink:

1 Like

Ahhhhh tanks … Well, 1 and 4 tracked vehicles … But I’m happy nonetheless :grin::grin:
Great progress report G. And very cunning idea regarding under the bridge … That will make things a whole lot easier once it’s installed.
Really love the bridge road/track surface. That looks like a good genuine centuries old stone bridge with the stone surface now forever lost under compacted soil … Very nice :+1::+1:
I’m loving the nuclear waste/bio hazard material draining off the side of the bridge … Reminds me of the hazard waste in mutant ninja turtles lol…
Seriously, I know it will tone right down at the end and blend in once the washes are on etc as per all your other little A4 gems …
Brilliant work mate … And please feel free to doff your cap or drop in the occasional Sir every so often now I’m a patron lol…

2 Likes

Cool progress on the stone bridge for sure. Looks like you will feature a phalanx of light armoured vehicles in this one, prolly from a recce unit like the 2/Northants?
J

1 Like

You are getting along very well. Somehow it seems your camera is having issues with green /yellow tones, as the saturation is again too high… Isn’t there a setting that tunes it down?

Thanks to everyone for their kind words, your support and comments are much appreciated, :+1: :slightly_smiling_face:.

I’m not sure there is anything wrong with the camera settings Erwin, the ‘algae’ really is a vivid green and does need toning down as suggested by John. The reason for the colour is that it’s quite a bright green paint that I used in the mix, but the talcum powder really made it zing, though it is only the first layer.

That said, I’m a simple point and click camera sort of guy, so there will always be dodgy results…it’s the luddite in me, :wink:.

1 Like