Carrier Crossing cont

How turned the gunk out to be??

Hi Cheyenne,

Thanks for the feedback, glad you’re liking it thus far, :slightly_smiling_face:

Cheers, :beer:,

G

Hi Jerry,

Thank you, the water isn’t yet finished, but glad you think it’s looking okay, :slightly_smiling_face:.

G

Hi Erwin,

The ‘gunk’ has cleared reasonably well, it’ll look better once I fix the carrier to the base and add more water, :slightly_smiling_face:.

Cheers, :beer:.

G

Hi all,

A couple of close up pictures of the ‘clear’ gunk, hopefully it’ll look better when the Carrier is fixed in position and the ‘water’ is finished off, :roll_eyes:.

G

1 Like

Hi all,

A bit more vegetation added, the tree roots made a little less ‘octosquidly’, and the start of tidying up the edges (see images below).

G

3 Likes

Oh the water on the tracks looks nice and clear now, nice going G! Spectacular effect!

The water indeed looks splendid. Also the tree is much better. The turbulence of the water in the brook has been captured very well

So impressive G! Although the tracks run-off looks a tad icicle-ish & it should be arcing up from the underside rather than pouring down from the top-side. Is that stuff amenable to be teased into arcing spray or maybe trailled over some stretched/melted clear sprue? Anyhow I hope you take some black & white’s when it’s all finished, they’ll look like 1:1 :tumbler_glass:

I agree with Tim, a…sort of. I think what you have so far works as long as you make a larger bindle of churning water at the bottom where the tracks meet the water. The blades on the treads would carry the water up the most at that junction IMHO and then carry it up onto the top of the run in diminishing amounts like you already have shown. Maybe a bit getting spit out the front of the run would illustrate the movement more. I don’t know if in reality this happens but it would certainly animate the feeling?
Something I l also noticed when looking at people or things entering water is whenever anything touches the bottom it clouds the water. I think even in your cobblestone setting here sediment would stick in the cracks and get disturbed by the vehicles passing through?
Just some over-coffee-ed musings this morning, sorry. Food for thought,.as it were.
J

See, I toldja it would dry clear, Bahahahaaaaaaaaaa! Looks great.

IMHO, I agree with the guys, make some minor wakes from the tracks and add a little transition water flow to the stream when you finally lock the rig in place. Blend it in, so to speak. That wake would be kind of a quick fading issue, especially in moving water, so I wouldn’t think it would have to be much, just enough to let the viewer know this rig is movin thru.

You got this working well, I love the results, impressive G-man!

Hi Matthew,

Thank you for the kind feedback, much appreciated, :slightly_smiling_face:.

G

Hi Erwin,

Thanks, I appreciate your comments, they’re always welcome, :slightly_smiling_face:.

G

Hi Tim,

Thanks for the comments, I take onboard your comments regarding icicle-ish, I tend to agree with you, I’m not that happy with it myself, finding it difficult to animate the water :disappointed:…think it might be back to the drawing board, :thinking:.

Next post will include some B&W images, just for you, :slightly_smiling_face:.

G

Hi Jerry,

Thanks for taking the time to comment and suggest things, you’ve helped reinforce Tim’s comments, regarding appearance of the water.

I will also emphasise the muddiness, I had added some cloudiness, but I think it was too subtle…so unlike me, :roll_eyes:…and has been lost with subsequent layers of water.

G

Hi Ski,

Again, thanks for reinforcing the comments from Tim and Jerry, your feedback is always welcome, and appreciated, :slightly_smiling_face:.

I will add a wake when I finally ‘bed’ the Carrier to the base, as you say…blend it in…but didn’t want to do anything until I’ve finalised the exact position.

G

Hi all,

Not a lot of progress recently as SWMBI has had a list of decorating that needed/needs doing, but managed to get a few hours in today (see images below). Have done them both in colour, and also B&W, especially for Tim, :slightly_smiling_face:.

G

3 Likes

A little progress but nice progress!
J

Hi Jerry,

I’ve reached that point where it seems to take ages as you start to work on the smaller details as opposed to the bigger picture, :roll_eyes:. Think I need to give some thought to the next project, :thinking: :grin:.

Cheers, and thanks for your continued support, :beer:,

G

Hi all,

Managed to get an hour this morning of trying to blend the Carrier on to the base (see images below)…again, slow work and small gains, :yawning_face: :unamused:.

G

3 Likes