Centurion Mk 5 from Amusing

Hey

I have just finished the new 1:35 Centurion Mk 5 model from Amusing, much better plastic then the Afv Club one. I made it as Danish late 1970ties, with MR models 910 liter armoured trailer.
Have another Amusing Centurion on my workbench, this one will be build as a mid 1980ties Danish
Centurion with laser range finder and night vision equipment.
Best regards
Kjeld

6 Likes

How was the quality of the fuel trailer?

Wow - that was quick - I had just finished replying to your post re LANDJUT etc then I saw this; very nice indeed Kjeld. 'Love the stowed camouflage nets - a man after my own heart; so important for Cold war era vehicles but not often seen on models.

Brian

Hey Robin

It is the best of the 3 different fuel trailer i got, the 2 other are:
A Swedish short run resin, No name kit bougth at C4 in Malmø.
the last one a short run resin kit from Danscale in Denmark.
I would buy the MR Model (Germany) trailer again, if i should build another fuel trailer.

Best regards
Kjeld

1 Like

Hey

Link to the fuel trailer from MR Modellbau
With a lot of photo of the model trailer:

2 Likes

That’s your opinion. I think the detail is soft and the road wheels are no where detailed as the AFV Club. It beats the Tamiya kit but not the AFV Club kit.

1 Like

Great looking work!

good work.

British version

2 Likes

Hey Beentheredonethat

Ok that is your opinion,
I like the Amusing Centurion :
For their single link tracks,
Road wheels are in one piece.
Their plastic is like Tamiya quality.

Dont like Amusing for more or less copying Afv Club parts…
You only get the early 84mm gun.
Like Afv Club, they dont provide a mantlet cover .And uses real shining springs in the
tanks suspension.

I dont like Afv Club Centurions for:
Soft rubber band tracks.
Road wheels are 2 part, rubber and plastic glued together.
Afv Club plastic is very soft,

I have build more than 7 Afv Club Centurions, and have more than 5 in my stash
This is my 2 Amusing Centurion.

Best regards
Kjeld Pedersen

5 Likes

Hey Frank

I Like your British version of the Centurion tank very much…
What Mk (Mark) is it .
Did you use the Afv Club or??
From where did you get the trailer.

Best regards
Kjeld

The kit is AFV with the DEF mantlet and Accurate Armour barrel, the trailer is directly from MR itself, the link is above. The vehicle is shown as a mk 6 awaiting it’s basket, IR light and removal of trailer for LR tank replacement, to make it mk6/2 LR or mk11

Hey Frank

Thanks a lot,
The Centurion Mark system is a “little” bit complicated.

Best regards
Kjeld

Yep, it is, complicated.

Understatement of the year …

1 Like

Great work! I actually regret getting myself another AFV Club Centurion - seeing yours makes me want to build this kit instead!

I kinda wonder what kind of a project it would be to convert this kit into an Aussie MK.V used in Vietnam. Kit doesn’t look bad as shown, and I’ve done two AFV kits with the RVN version becoming a never ending project.

As for Amusing Hobby kits, I like them, but have only built two or three. AFV seems to be running a race with Bronco to see who can complicate a build the most. My life is too short for that
gary

Hey Gary
You can hope that Amusing makes some more versions of the Centurion, The AVRE is on its way.

If you still have the some of the parts from the Afv-Club 35100 Australian Mk 5/1, The “long range”
fuel tank F10 - F14, and the IR projector F5,F15,F16 + D11 and D12. The turret basket F1-F9,
The extra armour F23, and 2 roadwheels on the front armour. a 84 mm cannon with “fume extractor”.
Then it is no problem to make a Australian version. The Amusing kit dont have all the tiny parts Afv Club have.

Best regards
Kjeld

People complain about getting accurate kits, then when companies like AFV Club or Bronco make them, people complain they are too hard to build.

It’s not the same people doing the complaining :wink:
Some whine about this, some whine about that and others whine about something completely different

1 Like