Christmas-holiday 1/4 ton fast build

I do like the gysy look … :grinning:

1 Like

I don’t mind the look, just not for this Jeep. Would add them to others though.

Ready for the paint barn.

2 Likes

Looking nice!!

Did some work as well, and it is starting to look nicer and nicer… even if I do say so myself :D

And I won’t be making the gunmounted version… because I found this online…

And I have this:

and then you get this:

Now I will have to add cables/bits to make it look a bit decent, thats why I already added the redioset…

6 Likes

Cool!
Will you build the AMX as-is then?

That is a very decent looking Jeep and a clean build!
I hope you don’t hit a snag when painting. I always tend to do…

1 Like

Since the build was clean, I will probably screw up the paint. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Yes, that will e a “normal” tank now.

1 Like

With the risk of not finishing a “campaign” again, i’ll take a shot at it. This looks like a quick build and i got enthusiastic the moment i read the topic… So i might even complete it :smiley:

I have “more than a few” jeeps in the stash and on the Shelf of Shame :wink: Most have conversions or other resin bits and i know those will take a bit of time. But getting inspired, i settled on a “beute-jeep”. I’m leaning towards a 3-tone camouflage version, just because it looks different :slight_smile:

Kit wise, it’ll be the Tamiya jeep: Jeep Willys MB, Tamiya 35219 (1997)

1 Like

My Schwimmwagen came along just fine… all subassemblies done. Painttime!

But I did have some “help”…

And since I was dealing with cats anyway, I figured the Schwimmy was lonely and needed a companion…

4 Likes

Please tell me more.

Nothing spectacular, really :slight_smile: Just “the regular German 3-tone camo of dark-yellow (dunkelgelb) with redbrown en green camouflage” that was also used on other military vehicles.

From what i found, the captured jeeps were generally kept in their factory (green) color with German markings applied. But there are some pictures that show them overpainted. In Africa they seemed to be painted in some sand-color. In Europe there are some in what looks like 3-color camo.

I’m not making a total 100% accurate beute-jeep. But from the topic here are some pictures that look like the camo i’m going for:
https://forums.g503.com/viewtopic.php?t=294591
Particularly these 3:

All taken from the G503 forums

Something similar to the ones shown in this set (which in turn is based om photo’s also in the G503 forum topic):

A Google-search mostly shows the same photo’s and images.

Like i said: i’m not a historically correct builder, more of a “historically possible” one. But please let’s not get too far down that road :wink:

2 Likes

And starting off, i immediately ran into the first issue. To make a long story not any longer, the figure i picked to go with the jeep wasn’t in it’s box. So i’ll use another fitting figure which i probably won’t finish in time so let’s not dwell on that :slight_smile:

But first things first, the obligatory “starting picture” from this afternoon :wink:

2 Likes

Interesting, but not surprising just never researched Beute Jeeps. Looking forward to your build.

Added some little bits, it’s ready to be painted…

4 Likes

Vallejo IDF Israeli Sand Grey, surface primer…

Amazing what a bit of color can do… makes it almost look like a proper kit ! :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

That colour looks good.
Just straight from the bottle?

Yes it is that primer… I am wondering, could one use primer as normal paint coat?

1 Like

The 3/4 ton Dodge is looking good. One issue though. The side rails with mesh on the rocket launcher platform are backwards. The rounded part should face the front, with the flat end meeting the rear plate.
aHR0cHM6Ly9pLmliYi5jby9CeWtRUHRRLzI0LmpwZw__
model side

Sure, if you want primer grey as your main color. It is usually just the color that makes it a primer, unless you are buying a special primer for autos, metal, wood, etc.

2 Likes

Thanks! How could I make that mistake?? Must see if I can redo that, if it causes to much trouble I will leave it like this… have the feeling it was an IDF eperiment anyway, seeing there is so less to be found about it.

And thanks for your thought on the primer!