Christmas-holiday 1/4 ton fast build

Bit more painting…

2 Likes

Scrap, it’s too cold to paint. I can’t get my paint booth up to about 50 degrees. So the paint is not sticking well and taking forever to dry.

Maybe I can get the paint finished next week, Then it’s just assemble and add fiddly bits

4 Likes

@bwilt I’ve used primer as a basecoat several times, no problems :slight_smile:
@Tank_1812 The Meng Jeep is a nice fun build, isn’t it. I’ve found no real issues with mine.
@md72 Man, what a tiny Jeep. To think i used to built that scale without glasses…

And to show some progress on my end:

A built Jeep, a lantern post, some stowage. So far i’ve made an effort to stick with Tamiya items. Why? Why not? :stuck_out_tongue:

Next up is some paint and probably a small base. Let’s see what i have lying around!

4 Likes

The only issue I have seen and it might be nothing or builder error, the connection between the engine and exhaust pipe under the plate looks to possibly be short, otherwise I like it so far. Hope to paint this weekend.

Detail painting done, decals on, waiting on wheathering…
@HeavyArty : fixed the mistake…

Bigger brother in the background :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

Very nice. It looks great.

last pictures while she is still clean…

7 Likes

And then she went into the desert to play with some sand…

Thanks for letting me join eventhough she was overweighted, glad you’re not into rejecting based on weight :grinning:
I call this one done for now.
There is still a driver to come, and a passenger, as well as being placed into a diorama, but that’s for somewhere next year… :grinning:

Best wishes to you all!

7 Likes

Bert that beast looks great! I really like the SS-11 battery, makes for a really cool looking vehicle.

1 Like

Thanks! Must say I like it as well, started out as something to try…

Turned out great!
It was a pleasure to have you on board, weight or not.

I am in a bit of a tough spot; my compressor broke. Or more specifically the pressurecontrol mechanism. All it does now is blow full tilt all the time…

1 Like

That’s a bad start to the new year…

Thanks for organising this one Ron, was fun to keep going!

1 Like

It’s not nearly as precise Ron, but have you tried loosening the threads on your hose to let a little air bleed off?

Won’t get you “15 psi” but might get you 15-20 and at least get it so you can paint.

I do let air escape, yes, but the window is very small.
First I have to run it to fill the tank to above the required pressure, shut the compressor off, then bleed it to roughly the desired one, spray a bit, crank it up again and repeat.

I hope the driver remembers to de-bus before they fire lol

1 Like

If not, I am sure they will only make that misstake once :roll_eyes:

1 Like

2 Likes

@bwilt Very nice looking. The rockets really are a great addition :slight_smile:

And since my compressor is working fine :stuck_out_tongue: i got the base-colors on the jeep. Dark-Yellow lightened a bit with Buff. It’s a bit on the light side, but since i usually tend to start off a bit too dark i consider this an improvement :smiley: That, and there’s camo to go over it.

5 Likes

Today it became obvious that painting camouflage is not my thing :frowning:

I’ll let it sink in tonight and consider the options. In real life it’s not as bad as the photo’s but it’s definitely not what i was planning.

The New Year’s Resolution for 2022 is to try and get better at painting camo’s. That and finishing more kits than i buy. And reduce the Shelf of Shame. And… well, you get the idea :wink:

3 Likes

Remember, these paintingjobs were done in the field by amateurs. Not in a paintshop by pros!
I think that with proper washes and weatering it will turn out quite ok.

3 Likes