Coming soon Ferret MK2 from Airfix

There you go !

On the want list right away!

Technically not BAOR :grin: … They were in Berlin as part of the Berlin Infantry Brigade… they were detached from their parent unit which would of been a tank Regiment still in BAOR… But once in Berlin, they were removed from the planned order of battle … Just me being a wise A##e :grin::rofl::+1:

2 Likes

There’s also the relatively unknown impact (on kit) of the Berlin Budget as it was known (mostly, possibly all (I can’t remember) coughed up for from the Berlin senate; this led to the introduction of kit such as MUNGAs, Unimogs, VW Kombi minibuses and others - over the years:

Berlin Bde Unimog (1)

I think it may also have funded some of the military liaison mission’s vehicles - BRIXMIS, but that’s really another story.

2 Likes

Well, one from my wish list in the “what would you like to see” thread. Guess I’ll have to say I’m ecstatic!!

1 Like

Come to papa…

1 Like

You forgot, that the 3 infantry Bn’s in Berlin, had them before the fox arrived.
But in green, black and green.

2 Likes

What a nice surprise , oh if only Dragon had released it’s Saracen , o well it will look nice next to my FV 432 from Takom and Italeri Landrover…

1 Like

It has an interior and included larkspur and clansman radio fits .and early and late lights

1 Like

Well that will be nice, wasn’t aware there were two light fitting styles though.

Now I need to dig out my UNHCR pics of me in the Ferret for some reference ideas …

2 Likes

Hi!
Nice information. Just yesterday I found a picture of Allied Forced Day parade with 2 columns each 7 Ferrets Mk2 in green/black. Nice to know the story behind them.

1 Like

Ya…ich auch.

1 Like

I believe some of these were deployed to Northern Ireland during ‘The Troubles’- there’s not a heap of kits from that era so this is most welcome. The RUC at one point leased some from the MOD as well- not many pics of those but I think they kept the Green & Black color and perhaps had only a number plate instead of any unit ID or numbers like the Army would have. Good on Airfix for tackling this!

1 Like

2 Likes

Lol… Luckily I know a few words and Google translate helped :grin:… I have a few decent ones I think and we did a good spread in the regimental journal which is now all digitised and online … Really looking forward to these… I may even get 2 now :grin:

We never used that style of sand channel, we had a length of airfield PSP. Worked just as well.

like this? :point_up:t4:

2 Likes

That’s the badger, ours were green and black though.

Swing and a miss. LOL; but i get you. :smiley: