Convoy!

Awesome work on display here, so much variety in subject choices!

I finished another truck build tonight, now it’s out of the way I can get stuck into my Group Build project here!

Cheers, D

14 Likes

absolutely superb :+1: :+1:

2 Likes

@ Damian. Your fire truck is absolutely stunning! :fire_engine: Looking forward to seeing what you bring to the campaign.

—mike

2 Likes

Ditto man. Gorgeous fire truck. Saaahweeeet!!

Mike

2 Likes

Me: “Siri, why are Fire Trucks red?”
Siri: “So Damian can make awesome looking models.”

Superb job Damian.

5 Likes

Wow, thanks so much for the feedback guys! Here’s a couple of shots with the Fire Jeep I did last year.

Now, back to tinkering with the Group Build CCKW Water Truck! Assembly steps 1 to 4 completed.

Some tidying up to do but so far so good.

Cheers, D

11 Likes

That’s a good start to the tanker! (One of Italeri’s finer kits…) My only quibble is you left the raised Italeri logo on the underside of the running boards! :grin:

1 Like

@barkingdigger , keen eye Tom! I deliberately left the manufacturers logos there because I was waiting for a new sanding tool to arrive which looks to be perfect for just such a job.

I didn’t buy the rotary tool, just a couple of sets of the discs which each come with the shaft, and I will use them in my Dremel.

Cheers, D

6 Likes

Ooh - they look interesting!

1 Like

Very interesting. Not sure about the tool but I would guess it might spin slower than most Dremel tools so we don’t burn/melt through the plastic.

4 Likes

Lots of time for not much production. Plenty of work to still do on those parts.

5 Likes

Interesting tool.
A modelling friend had recommended the Dspia rotary tool, as it has a slow speed which won’t melt the plastic on most kits (in the end, had bought a Dremel)

3 Likes

I gave the little sanding discs a run tonight, used the 400 grit in my cordless Dremel set to lowest speed (5000rpm). It took literally 1 minute to get rid of the manufacturers info on both treads.

Cheers, D

8 Likes

Your work is always impressive Nick @Stickframe, I don’t know what your finish color will be but the gray looks pretty nice, desert sand is getting to be a bit blase’ but that’s probably just me. Keep on keepin’ on brother, looks good so far :slightly_smiling_face:

Cajun :crocodile:

2 Likes

Darnnit Damian @AussieReg! You think you could turn out some crap one time just to make an ol slacker like me feel worthy. How do you build a “clean” model? I have to use ample chipping, weathering, rust and mud to cover up my mistakes. Nice work buddy!

Cajun :crocodile:

3 Likes

As I was afraid of, the cab floor did not fit properly because i put the transfer in upside down. So, surgery time. The seat will cover that up.

I also filled the ejector marks on the roof and back wall along with assembling the bits to the firewall.

The three skinny parts were supposed to be one but, alas, as I was removing it from the sprue, one became three. At least they get glued to a flat(ish) surface.

Mike

7 Likes

I’ve been chipping on my Magirus S330 on and off in the last couple of weeks…

Got the frame built and some brake and lubrication lines added:

The Ulm trucks had the One-Press-Central Lubrication system of Willy Vogel AG installed:

The system provided pressurized lubrication to various bearings(axles, leaf spring, rocker arms to name a few) from a central oil tank.

The only thing the driver had to do - once a day or for every 100 km driven- was to press the corresponding pedal, mounted in the cabin :

Lubrication lines on the front axle bearings:

and on the engine cover(rocker arms lubrication):

I’ve also built the air filter and attached it to the inner side of the RHS fender.

So that’s the truck:

And here is the combo:

Cheers,
Angel

11 Likes

Some more underside kind of stuff - spare tire, sideboard supports, etc.

Three boxes fit in the trailer quite nicely. I know two more on top will fit good across the bottom three.

I also started the cab parts and some priming. Done for the day and, happily, it appears I have three days off starting tomorrow. Though I’m sure the wife will want to start moving two rooms around. Oy…

Mike

8 Likes

Beautiful work as usual, Angel - and it looks great with the trailer! Makes me a little guilty I still haven’t started my own build for this campaign…

1 Like

You know Angel, after seeing your build…I’m of a mind to box mine up and put it on the shelf of doom.

:weary: :weary:
Mike

1 Like